We can help plan your next night out with the best margaritas in Champaign-Urbana and beyond
Be it frozen or on the rocks, lime or watermelon, salted rim or sugar, many people consider margaritas a perfect complement to most any night out. We’ve compiled our take of Champaign-Urbana noteworthy margaritas along with help from our readers. As with any of our food trails, we try to avoid chain restaurants and support our local community businesses.
Note: Chambanamoms does not endorse these businesses and encourages readers to always drink responsibly.
Big Grove Tavern, 1 E. Main St., Champaign: Make sure to try Big Grove’s watermelon margarita. With tequila, orange curaçao, lime juice, and watermelon, it’s a beverage that makes us think of hot summer nights.
Black Dog Smoke & Ale House, 320 N. Chestnut St., Champaign: Make sure to check out Black Dog’s pineapple pepper margarita. Made with a house infused tequila, it is unique and delicious.
Casa Del Mar, 2870 S. Philo Road, Urbana: Four words. Try their blueberry margarita. TODAY. You’ll thank us later.
Cowboy Monkey, 6 E. Taylor St., Champaign: Cowboy Monkey’s lime margaritas are delicious and they are even better on Monday nights during their happy hour special from 4-6 p.m.
Dos Reales, 1407 N. Prospect Ave., Champaign: We enjoy Dos Reales’ margaritas both frozen and on the rocks. There’s just something about the simplicity of fruit flavored margarita.
El Toro at the Fields, 3401 Fields S. Dr., Champaign: When you can’t decide on which flavor that you want to order, we recommend the margarita flights at El Toro at the Fields. Served on a wooden paddle board with three miniature margaritas, this option allows you to sample a few of your favorites.
Esquire Lounge, 106 N. Walnut St., Champaign: What can we say, we love a good pineapple beverage, so Esquire’s pineapple margarita is no exception. Be sure to try the frozen version, too.
Fiesta Cafe, 216 S. First St., Champaign: We love the fresh mix of the margaritas at Fiesta Cafe, but we also enjoy their grilled pineapple and jalapeño Mezcal margarita when we are feeling adventurous. Be sure to sip on your margarita with an Alex taco.
Huaraches Moroleon, 805 S. Philo Road, Urbana: The margarona is sure to please. Two drinks in one. Need we say more?
Las Palmas Mexican Grill, 608 W. Town Center Blvd., Champaign: Known for their margarita towers, Las Palmas’ offerings are as delicious as the presentation is unique. The tower comfortably serves a small group and the drinks come frozen or on the rocks.
Maize at the Station, 100 N. Chestnut St., Champaign: You can’t beat their fresh lime margaritas, but we also enjoy their avocado margarita. Not too sweet, but deliciously smooth. We also enjoy the mango habanero and raspberry mint margaritas. Throw in some fresh guac and chips and ENJOY.
Know of someone we missed? Email us and let us know who we missed and what makes their margaritas happy hour worthy. Now excuse us while we hit up the next happy hour.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana