Whoever said easy as pie never had to decide what flavor. We can’t decide that for you, but we can help guide you in the right direction of some of Champaign-Urbana’s best pie options.
Whether you’re an apple or cherry pie fanatic or you prefer a cream-based pie…there’s one thing that we can all agree upon. Delicious toppings surrounded by a delectable crust make even the toughest days that much better.
Whether you are looking to bake your pies at home, or purchase them ready-to-eat, the Champaign-Urbana area offers many delightful options that are sure to please the toughest critics in your household. As always, we focus on locally owned businesses to get you out and about on the town.
The list that puts the cherry on top (no pun intended) is as follows:
Rick’s Bakery, 124 W. Main St, Urbana: Featuring fresh and season fruit tarts as well as individual portions of pastry slices, Rick’s Bakery was chosen as a favorite “hands down!!!” “Their apple….cherry…oh my!” Pies and breads are baked fresh daily.
Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch, 3902 S. Duncan Rd., Champaign: Featuring apple, cherry, peach, pecan, and pumpkin pie, as well as blueberry cobbler, Curtis Orchard was a popular favorite amongst readers. They also feature frozen pies which can be taken home and baked when last minute guests arrive at your house. “Their pies weigh a ton – cherry is our favorite!!” “So much yum in one pie!!”
Oh, Honey Pie Food Truck: As its Facebook tagline says “live free, pie hard,” Oh, Honey Pie offers an ever-changing weekly lineup of pies available for pickup or delivery. The truck can also be found at the Urbana’s Market at the Square on Saturday mornings. Get those pies on a first-come, first-serve basis. “Oh Honey Pie has delicious pies. Great rotating selections.” Their pies are so “sweet, savory, and creamy… mmmmmm!!” “Their sea salted honey is my favorite.” Follow them on social media for current operating news.
Pies by Inge, 212 W. Washington St., Monticello: “Delicious, easy ordering and pick up!” With over 50 varieties of freshly baked pies, Pies by Inge has pies to please just about anyone at your table. Two days notice is appreciated for pie orders. All pies are baked fresh from scratch. Have unexpected company coming over? Pies by Inge can help with that, too. They feature some frozen, ready made pies for instances just like this. Just unwrap the pie, thaw at room temperature, and reheat if you wish. The pies look as if they were fresh out of the oven and taste just like it, too. Note: Pies by Inge is located inside The Brown Bag Deli.
Lucky Moon Pies and More, 401 E. Oak St., Mahomet: Lucky Moon Pies has been a crowd pleaser since it opened in Mahomet in 2017. As one reader stated when asked her favorite establishment for pie in the Champaign-Urbana area, “absolutely Lucky Moon Pies and More!” Offering pickup of pies, treats, and dinner options on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. (as of this writing; hours subject to change).
Po’ Boys Restaurant, 202 E. University Ave. #1728, Urbana: “Po’ Boys has great pies. They make their pies from scratch and they’re all delicious.” As one enthusiastic coconut-pie loving fan stated, “Po’ Boys’ coconut cream pie tops anything in town. I promise you it will make you rethink your life at the same time wondering why you have never eaten it.” While you’re there, have another type of pie: pizza.
The New Sweet Indulgence, 2149 S. Neil St., Champaign: Featuring seasonal favorites such as key lime, peach, pumpkin, and more, The New Sweet Indulgence has a variety of pies to please the palate. One fan reported that their apple and pumpkin pies had saved her holiday dinner. “Their peach pie is my favorite. That pie has to weigh nearly 10 pounds with all the peaches they put in there. It’s sooo good. But the key lime is also great – the perfect creamy sweet and tart combo.”
The Wheelhouse, 109 N. Main St., St. Joseph: “The Wheelhouse has made amazing cherry pie during the shutdown.”
As always, please contact the establishment to make sure that the pie of your choice is available at the time of your choosing.
Is there a Champaign-Urbana area restaurant or bakery that isn’t on our list for their amazing pies? Tell us what makes their pie list-worthy and we will considering adding to this list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Where to Find Boba Tea Around Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana