Whether you are a fan of dark or milk chocolate, candy or pie, chocolate lovers agree that there is no such thing as too much chocolate
For this article, we tried to think of all of the gooey, chocolatey goodness that we could; then we reached out for help from our readers, as well. As always, we focus on locally owned businesses to get you out and about on the town in search of ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE.
Art Mart, Champaign: “You have to try their oatmeal fudgie bar. I can’t ever decide between that or the cookie dough brownie. The brownie is covered in edible cookie dough and is amazing.”
Biaggi’s, Champaign: “Their chocolate cake is cake consistency with yummy fudgy frosting. It comes with gelato.”
Black & White Confections, Gibson City: They feature hand-dipped chocolate confections made in small batches. We particularly think that their chocolate covered caramel apples look intriguing.
Cafe Paradiso, Urbana: “As a chocolate dessert lover, I go for the tiramisu at Cafe Paradiso! That’s my go to treat.”
Cake Artist’s Studio, Champaign: “Cake Artist’s Studio’s party cake is what cake dreams are made of in my opinion. Pair moist, yellow cake with fudgy chocolate layers in between. It might be the best cake that I’ve ever had.”
CBPB Popcorn Shop, Champaign: “Home of ginormous turtles. And I don’t mean the snapping kind. Another amazing treat? White chocolate popcorn. You’re welcome.”
Champaign Public Library, Champaign: Our reader says, “I developed intense cravings to the point of near addiction for the double chocolate chip muffin at the Champaign Public Library‘s cafe. Perfectly moist. Rich. Decadent.”
Cheese & Crackers, Champaign: “The truffle case at Cheese & Crackers!!”
Chikondi Craft Chocolate, Savoy: “From bean to bar,” a fairly new craft chocolate company that participates in local pop up markets and online sales (with pickup in Savoy). Their holiday specials make extra classy gifts for those chocolate connoisseurs in your life. Also available at CU Flower House in Champaign.
Flesor’s Candy Kitchen, Tuscola: “It’s a drive to Tuscola, but Flesor’s Candy Kitchen definitely deserves a mention!” Featuring barks, brittles, caramels, and more, they offer many hand dipped chocolates for candy connoisseurs.
Hopscotch Bakery + Market, Champaign: “If you haven’t tried their salted caramel brownies, you don’t know what you are missing! They are a perfect combination of fudgy, chocolatey goodness.”
Insomnia Cookies, Champaign: “If I’ve had a rough day, or a great day, any day is the perfect one for a delicious cookie sandwich from Insomnia Cookies. My favorite is their double chocolate chip cookie sandwich with either ice cream or frosting stuffed inside. Rough day instantly better.”
Jarling’s Custard Cup, Champaign: “COLD FUDGE EVERYTHING!”
Ko Fusion, Champaign: “Ko Fusion’s chocolate cake is layered chocolate mousse, flourless chocolate cake, and fudge. It’s magical.”
Lucky Moon Pies and More, Mahomet: “Lucky Moon’s s’mores cake and chocolate tarts do not disappoint.” “Their Oreo truffle brownies are decadent … and during Girl Scout cookie season, watch for their Thin Mint brownie. And buy an extra for a friend.”
Old Orchard, Savoy: We know what you’re thinking: First the library, now the bowling center? Yep. Its chocolate lava cake is outstanding.
RegCakes, Urbana: “They have the best fudgy chocolate brownies. Gluten-free!”
Rick’s Bakery, Urbana: “Everyone needs to try the chocolate ganache cake from Rick’s Bakery.” Many of our readers recommend it!
Seven Saints, Champaign: “One of my most favorite desserts ever is the Seven Saints Ding Dong Tribute Cake. It might be difficult to order with a straight face, but it is so worth it. Absolutely delicious. Think back to those days of Hostess delights in your lunch box.”
Silvercreek, Urbana: Their Chocolate Solution cake has “traditional dark chocolate cake, rich chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache, whipped cream, and chocolate curls!”
Sugga Shaii’s Sweets, Urbana: We first met Shaii Smith at one of our local farmers markets. She makes her own confections (turtles and chocolate covered oreos, to name a few). But what has us hooked is the Sugga Cake Jars: double chocolate fudge all the way!
Sun Singer Restaurant, Champaign: “The chocolate mousse at Sun Singer demands to be eaten slowly so you can savor Every. Single. Chocolatey. Bite.”
Suzu’s Bakery, Champaign: “Have you ever had the chocolate caramel tart at Suzu’s Bakery? Go. Now. A little bit goes a long way.”
And now … if you’ll excuse us, we need to go refuel, because a chocolate craving is definitely in full effect after writing this. Did we miss one of your favorites? Email us here, and let us know who makes your favorite and what makes it list worthy.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Hot Chocolate Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find the Best Cinnamon Rolls in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- The Best Cheese Curds in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Taco Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find the Best Chocolate Desserts around Champaign-Urbana
- The Best Mac and Cheese in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Best French Fries in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Best Barbecue in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- The Best Burgers in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Where to Find the Best Pretzels Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find Boba Tea Around Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana