Here’s where to find the best slushy cocktails for your next evening out
The past few months have been anything but ordinary. We’ve worked to create various food trails for readers to try some of Champaign-Urbana’s best foods, beverages and desserts. Perhaps the slushy trail might be one of the most appreciated resources for navigating the unknowns of life in 2020. As always, we focus on locally owned businesses to set you out on your next jaunt around town — and always remember to drive responsibly. (Comments via Chambanamoms’ social media platforms.)
Alto Vineyards, 4210 N. Duncan Rd., Champaign: “Their sangria wine slushy is the BEST!”
Art Mart, 1705 S. Prospect Ave., Champaign: Featuring Aperol spritz or Frose slushes, readers eagerly recommended Art Mart for their slushy concoctions. “Love them. Don’t forget their happy hour promotion!”
Big Grove Tavern, 1 E. Main St., Champaign: “Try the watermelon margarita. It’s delicious.” With tequila, orange curaçao, lime juice, and watermelon, it’s a beverage that makes us think of hot summer nights. “Big Grove’s Moscow mule slushy exceeds all expectations of a Moscow mule.” A mule blended with ice … yes please.
Black Dog Smoke & Ale House, 320 N. Chestnut St., Champaign: Featuring amaretto stone sour slushes or a vodka Zepplin slush, these are the perfect accompaniment to the burnt ends and sweet potato fries.
Farren’s Pub & Eatery, 117 N. Walnut St., Champaign: Offering a variety of slushy beverages, Farren’s frozen beverages are back. With a selection of very berry margarita, coconut pineapple daiquiri, or rum twister, these are sure to help you unwind after a long day.
Fiesta Cafe, 216 S. First St., Champaign: With a vast selection of margaritas, Fiesta Cafe offers their beverages frozen or on the rocks. Margaritas can be purchased by the glass or by the pitcher. “The “fresh” margaritas at Fiesta Cafe are superb.”
Guido’s, 2 E. Main St., Champaign: “Their drunken milkshakes are just what I need.” Guido’s offers malted vanilla with bourbon shakes, pina colada, key lime, grasshopper, fruit loop, chocolate cake, black forest, and more.
Sleepy Creek Vineyards, 8254 E. 1425 North Rd., Fairmount: “They have the best wine slushes. Such a fun place to visit.” Sleepy Creek Vineyards is located on a 10-acre vineyard in central Illinois that produces over 35,000 bottles of wine annually.
Watson’s Shack & Rail, 211 N. Neil St., Champaign: “MOST DEFINITELY add Watson’s to your list.” “I had the peach rum slushee from Watson’s recently and it was delicious.” “I looooooove Watson’s slushies.” “You must try protect your nectar from Watson’s.” So, convinced yet? Luckily patrons can order a small “flight” of slushies, and try several if you have a difficult time making up your mind.
Wyldewood Cellars, 218 E. Lincoln St., St. Joseph: Located in downtown St. Joseph, Wyldewood offers multiple flavors of wine slushies, gifts, elderberries, and more. As one reader commented, “You must try them. They are delicious, have friendly staff, and an occasional store cat.”
Xinh Xinh Cafe, 114 N. Vine St., Urbana: Looking for something to try two sensations at once? “Try the slushy boba at Xinh Xinh Cafe in Urbana. It’s delicious. The boba gives it that extra punch of flavor.”
Know of someone that we missed? Email us and tell us what makes their drinks special.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Where to Find Boba Tea Around Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana