If you want the best salads in Champaign-Urbana, we have some ideas for you
We have so many great food choices around town that it’s easy to get swept away with the options. But sometimes when you’re heading out to eat, you just want a nutritious and satisfying salad that tastes delectable (and not like something you pulled together in your own kitchen at home). When that’s what you’re looking for, we’ve got the salad trail ready for you.
As with all of our food trail posts we focus on locally owned restaurants or businesses around Champaign-Urbana and beyond. (This list is in alphabetical order.)
Champaign-Urbana Salad Trail
Big Grove, 1 E. Main St., Champaign: Try the southwest salad here or the kale and quinoa for something a little different. We love Big Grove salads!
Courier Cafe, 111 N. Race St., Urbana: Courier has fresh salad from their very own urban garden. You’ll realize just how fresh it is when you sit down to eat.
Crane Alley, 115 W. Main St., Urbana: A good option for vegans, you can add falafel to your salads at Crane Alley. The lemon pesto salad sounds good, too.
Farren’s, 117 N. Walnut St., Champaign: The scallop salad is a true winner here, but if scallops aren’t your thing, any of their other salads like the grilled steak salad or strawberry chicken salad would be a solid choice, too.
Harvest Market, 2029 S. Neil St., Champaign: We like their salads for a convenient option, particularly the grilled salmon over greens salad. And while not quite a salad, the veggie wrap here is great, too.
Houlihan’s, 1900 S. First St., Champaign: Houlihan’s calls their salad section of the menu “BIG SALADS” and that is accurate! The heartland grilled chicken salad is awesome and the char-crusted ahi tuna salad is uniquely special, too.
Padano’s Pizza, 209 N. Main St., St. Joseph: They have a great antipasto salad.
Papa Del’s, 1201 S. Neil St., Champaign: Go for the Italian salad. You won’t regret it.
Pekara, 811 W. Springfield Ave., Champaign: The kale salad at Pekara is delicious and if you want to pair one of the Pekara salads with some soup or a sandwich, you’ll have a great meal. Or add chicken or tuna to make your salad a complete meal.
Pink Pig, 301 W. Lincoln, Ogden: The BBQ chicken salad is what you want to order here.
The Ribeye, 1701 S. Neil St., Champaign: The salad bar at The Ribeye always has rave reviews. The salad bar can be a complete meal in itself and can be purchased without the purchase of another entree.
Seven Saints, 32 E. Chester St., Champaign: For an establishment known for its burger, Seven Saints salads are not to be overlooked. The salmon salad is a favorite, as well as the 7 Saints salad with its seasoned tri-tip sirloin.
Sun Singer, 1115 W. Windsor Rd., Champaign: The salads at Sun Singer may be some of our favorite salads in Champaign-Urbana. From the Thai chicken salad to the spinach and pear salad, with many others in between, these salads are hearty and delightful.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Ice Cream Trail around Champaign-Urbana