Live Every Day Like It’s Taco Tuesday
If there is one thing that we learned for certain while working on this trail, it is that Champaign-Urbana sure is home to some pretty fantastic tacos — both traditional and with a creative culinary flair. Some people prefer their tacos on the fancy side, while others prefer theirs simple and saucy.
There is one thing, however, that we can all agree on: no one should wait for Tuesday to roll around to enjoy a tasty taco dinner. Any day of the week will suffice.
As always with our food trails, we focus on small businesses, but know that there are some chain restaurants with some pretty tasty dishes, as well. This was no easy feat, as the Champaign-Urbana area offers a fine and diverse selection of tacos to meet everyone’s needs.
Betsy’s Bistro, Foodtruck: I ordered the “chicken taco” for $6, which was actually three hard shell chicken tacos loaded with lettuce, cheese, onions, salsa verde, breaded spicy chicken and probably some other ingredients I’m missing. They took about 5 minutes to make, and were absolutely delicious! A good amount of food for the price.
Breaking Taco, Mahomet: “We LOVE Breaking Taco!” “Breaking Taco tacos are sooooo good. Authentic Mexican street tacos and lots of great options. So delicious!”
Dish Passionate Cuisine, Champaign: “Their veggie tacos are delicious. They come loaded with black beans, squash, and zucchini.”
Dos Reales, Champaign: “I love their ceviche tacos! YUM!”
Eddie’s Sweet Island, Champaign: “Amazing taco truck with tacos, tortas, burritos, and nachos! The truck is located in Arthur one day a week, Monticello one day a week, and goes to events.”
El Patio, Champaign: “El Patio’s sopes are really good with lengua. The corn tortillas are handmade which gives a great flavor.”
El Toro, Multiple Locations: “Their shrimp tacos are delicious. They have large, hearty pieces of shrimp!”
Farren’s Pub & Eatery, Champaign: “Farren’s tacos are a best-kept secret! Their black bean burger tacos are out of this world. The perfect amount of spice and flavor. If I’m looking to switch things up, I order the ground beef or chicken tacos, instead. All are out of this world.”
Fernando’s, Foodtruck: “They are some of the best in town! (According to my husband, THE best.)” “OMG amazing. But the hot sauce will burn your face off.”
Fiesta Cafe, Champaign: “Ask for the Alex Taco from Fiesta Cafe! They are so big. Pork, cilantro, and grilled onions with green chile sauce on corn tortillas.”
Huaraches Moroleon, Urbana: “Try the Huarache. The al pastor is great especially on the one that has a pineapple slice on top. Then top with the Smokey chipotle salsa for a deep and sultry spice!”
La Mixteca, Urbana: “The Tacos Rojas from La Mixteca are FABULOUS. I dream about them.” “The taco pack was everything and more and it left us in a taco heaven food coma!”
La Paloma, Foodtruck: “La Paloma has the best tortas and Mexican corn!”
Maize, Champaign: “I love Maize’s Taco Mexica. It’s like the best grilled cheese and taco combo!” “Fresh, authentic and yummy.”
Mo’s Burritos, Champaign: “Mo’s burritos taco truck at Bradley/prospect is hands down the best in town. Highly recommend their pastor tacos.”
Seven Saints, Champaign: “Seven Saints’ fish tacos are out of this world!”
Super Taco, Champaign: “You have to try Super Taco’s Taco Dilla. It is so good! Delish!”
Taco Motorizado, Foodtruck: Taco Motorizado received many nods for delicious tacos around Champaign-Urbana. They are a family-owned Mexican food truck in Urbana. They offer a variety of authentic Mexican food for carry-out or delivery around Champaign-Urbana.
The Pink Pig, Ogden: “Pink Pig’s pulled pork tacos are delicious! We love trying all of the different barbecue sauces with them. Fun and tasty!”
Did we miss someone? Email us and let us know who has the best tacos around Champaign-Urbana and what makes them delicious.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Ice Cream Trail around Champaign-Urbana