Whether you are a fan of dark or milk chocolate, candy or pie, chocolate lovers agree that there is no such thing as too much chocolate
When it comes to desserts, we take things pretty seriously around here. You want hot cocoa? We’ve got you covered. You want pies? We’ve got you covered. You want ice cream? You guessed it … there’s a post for that, as well. We tried to think of all of the gooey, chocolatey goodness that we could and we reached out for help from our readers, as well. As always, we focus on locally owned businesses to get you out and about on the town in search of ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE.
Art Mart, Champaign: “You have to try their oatmeal fudgie. I can’t ever decide between that or the cookie dough brownie. The brownie is covered in edible cookie dough and is amazing.”
Biaggi’s, Champaign: “Their chocolate cake is cake consistency with yummy fudgy frosting. It comes with vanilla bean ice cream.”
Black & White Confections, Gibson City: They feature hand-dipped chocolate confections made in small batches. We particularly think that their chocolate covered caramel apples look intriguing.
Cafe Paradiso, Urbana: “As a chocolate dessert lover, I go for the tiramisu at Cafe Paradiso! That’s my go to treat.”
Cake Artist’s Studio, Champaign: “Cake Artist’s Studio’s party cake is what cake dreams are made of in my opinion. Pair moist, yellow cake with fudgy chocolate layers in between. It might be the best cake that I’ve ever had.”
CBPB Popcorn Shop, Champaign: “Home of ginormous turtles. And I don’t mean the snapping kind. Another amazing treat? White chocolate popcorn. You’re welcome.”
Cheese & Crackers, Champaign: “The truffle case at Cheese & Crackers!!”
Farren’s Pub & Eatery, Champaign: “As if we needed one more reason to love Farren’s, then they went and got new mousse desserts. Their Black Forest mousse and chocolate mousse are a welcome addition to the Downtown Champaign dessert crowd.”
Flesor’s Candy Kitchen, Tuscola: “It’s a drive to Tuscola, but Flesor’s Candy Kitchen definitely deserves a mention!” Featuring barks, brittles, caramels, and more, they offer many hand dipped chocolates for candy connoisseurs.
Hopscotch Bakery + Market, Champaign: “If you haven’t tried their salted caramel brownies, you don’t know what you are missing! They are a perfect combination of fudgy, chocolatey goodness.”
Insomnia Cookies, Champaign: “If I’ve had a rough day, or a great day, any day is the perfect one for a delicious cookie sandwich from Insomnia Cookies. My favorite is their double chocolate chip cookie sandwich with either ice cream or frosting stuffed inside. Rough day instantly better.”
Jarling’s Custard Cup, Champaign: “COLD FUDGE EVERYTHING!”
Ko Fusion, Champaign: “Ko Fusion’s chocolate cake is layered chocolate mousse, flourless chocolate cake, and fudge. It’s magical.” We verified and it just happens to be gluten free, as well!
Lodgic Everyday Kitchen, Champaign: “Lodgic’s chocolate “moose” (pun intended) is delicious and also Instagram worthy. It features a shortbread moose cookie on top of chocolate mousse/brownie. Delicious.”
Lucky Moon Pies and More, Mahomet: “Lucky Moon’s s’mores cake and chocolate tarts do not disappoint.”
Old Orchard, Savoy: We know what you’re thinking: The bowling center? Yep. The chocolate lava cake is outstanding. If you remember Farren’s lava cake (before it was removed from the menu a couple years ago) you’ll recognize Old Orchard’s.
Rick’s Bakery, Urbana: “Everyone needs to try the chocolate ganache cake from Rick’s Bakery.”
Seven Saints, Champaign: “One of my most favorite desserts ever is the Seven Saints Ding Dong Tribute Cake. It might be difficult to order with a straight face, but it is so worth it. Absolutely delicious. Think back to those days of Hostess delights in your lunch box.”
Sugga Shaii’s Sweets, Urbana: We first found Shaii Smith at one of the farmers’ markets in town. She makes her own confections (turtles and chocolate covered oreos, to name a few). But what has us hooked is the Sugga Cake Jars: double chocolate fudge all the way!
Sun Singer Restaurant, Champaign: “The chocolate mousse at Sun Singer demands to be eaten slowly so you can savor Every. Single. Chocolatey. Bite.”
And now … if you’ll excuse us, we need to go refuel, because a chocolate craving is definitely in full effect after writing this. Did we miss one of your favorites? Email us here, and let us know who makes your favorite and what makes it list worthy.
Looking for more food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Where to Find Boba Tea Around Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- French Fries Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Chocolate Dessert Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Mac and Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pretzel Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Burger Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Barbecue Trail around Champaign-Urbana