We’ve got a roundup of local deals to celebrate National Doughnut Day
Friday, June 3 is National Doughnut Day — not that any of us here at Chambanamoms needs an excuse to indulge in these delicious circles of sweet, sugary happiness.
Unlike so many other “national days” dreamed up by marketers, National Doughnut (or Donut) Day has a more interesting history. Apparently it originated in Chicago during the Great Depression in 1938, as a Salvation Army fundraiser for the needy. They aimed to memorialize the brave volunteers who served donuts to American troops on the front lines during World War I.
Patriotism? Volunteering? All the more reason to celebrate this Friday with donuts from our favorite local establishments! And if you miss your chance to jump on one of these special deals, never fear — you can still follow our Donut Trail any day of the year.
Our list includes a few Doughnut Day deals from national chains, but we haven’t confirmed the national offer details with the individual stores. When in doubt, always call ahead.
Dunkin, various locations: Get a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage on June 3.
Industrial Donut, Savoy: Every customer who makes a purchase on June 3 will receive one free cinnamon sugar donut, as well as a ticket to enter to win a private car experience on the Monticello Railway’s uber-popular, sold-out Donut Train on July 16.
Krispy Kreme, Bloomington and various locations: Visit any store on June 3 and get a free glazed donut. Or get a dozen Original Glazed for $1 when purchasing a dozen of any Krispy Kreme donuts in-store.
Pandamonium Doughnuts, Champaign: 1) The first 75 customers get a free doughnut with their purchase (a new flavor to be debuted on Friday). 2) Customers on Friday can enter a raffle with prizes such as donuts, T-shirts, mugs, coffee, and the big prize — free doughnuts for a year. Customers on Thursday, June 2, can earn bonus raffle tickets to increase chances of winning.
Royal Donut, Danville: This isn’t a deal, but a celebration of the fact that Danville institution Royal Donut will be reopening later this summer under new local ownership after closing in late 2021.
Stan’s Donuts, Chicago locations: Follow Stan’s Donuts and Coffee on Instagram for giveaways happening all week leading to National Donut Day.
Ye Olde Donut Shoppe, Champaign: Get one free artisan-style donut with each purchase of a dozen. There are plans for a raffle to give away 4 dozen free donuts to a lucky winner — watch social media for details.
Fine print: All of these deals are subject to fine print, and we don’t always have access to the fine print, but have done the best we can to present these deals accurately.
Looking to follow our food trails around Champaign-Urbana?
- Where to Find the Best Chocolate Desserts around Champaign-Urbana
- The Best Mac and Cheese in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Best French Fries in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Best Barbecue in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- The Best Burgers in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Where to Find the Best Pretzels Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find Boba Tea Around Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Ice Cream Trail
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pizza Trail around Champaign-Urbana (And Beyond)
- Cookie Trail Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat Sushi in Champaign-Urbana
- Wing Trail: 30 Places to Eat Chicken Wings In Champaign-Urbana
- Soup Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Taco Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Chocolate Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Grilled Cheese Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Salad Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Slushy Cocktail Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Pie Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Guacamole Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cinnamon Roll Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Nacho Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Hot Dog Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Cocktail Trail ‘To Go’ around Champaign-Urbana
- Cheese Curd Trail around Champaign-Urbana
- Donut Trail around Champaign-Urbana