From one food-filled holiday (Halloween) to the next (Thanksgiving), November provides plenty to experience — and not all of it is food-related, believe it or not. Check out our top picks for family fun during the month.
Thanks to Dick’s House of Sport for presenting our list of the top family friendly things to do in November in C-U.
All Smiles will pay $1 per pound of candy to the child donating it (up to 5 pounds). Of course, there are plenty of things you can do with all that extra candy. We have some ideas.
The wonderful adventures of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory hit the stage at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign. The crew of kids will perform multiple shows over the three-day span.
While you shop and enjoy free food and refreshments, your kids can participate in free ornament-making crafts, write letters to Santa and vote for their favorite kids-themed decorated Christmas tree for a chance to win a $300 toy gift card at Prairie Gardens.
Genome Day, Nov. 4
Join the Institute for Genomic Biology for a fun day of hands-on science at Champaign Public Library. Talk with scientists and explore exhibits and activities that will cover topics including the environment, energy use and production, health and fundamental research at the institute. Free.
Excitement abounds for the Illini women, who return every major piece from last year’s NCAA tournament team and begin the season tonight as the nation’s 23rd-ranked team. Game time is 6 p.m. at State Farm Center.
Make plans to head out to Harvest Moon Drive-In in Gibson City for their Hot Chocolate and Holiday Movie nights. This weekend features The Grinch and Elf.
Join the Urbana Park District for a Thanksgiving morning tradition. It’s a one-mile run/walk in Crystal Lake Park, a great excuse to spend the rest of the day replenishing the calories that you burned off in the morning. Free!
A festive holiday lights setting will light up Prairie Farm in Champaign starting on this night and continuing every Thursday through Saturday until Dec. 31. Enjoy holiday lights and sip on hot cocoa (available for purchase).
Santa makes his way through downtown Champaign in this annual event that gets everyone in the holiday spirit. The parade begins at 6 p.m. but visits with Santa begin at 3 p.m.
Join Christie Clinic and chambanamoms for a special evening of lights, family-friendly fun, and free cocoa at Prairie Farm (2202 W. Kirby Ave, Champaign) from 5-6:30 p.m. Prairie Farm will be lighting up the farm this holiday season and we are so excited to be a part of the fun!
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 7
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- What You Need to Know About Chanukah
- Chanukah in Champaign-Urbana: What, When and Where to Shop
- 10+ Reasons to Visit Chicago During the Holiday Season
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10+ Things to Do in Indianapolis for a Holiday Getaway
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Zoo Lights: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Season Parades in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More