Haunted houses and where to get scared in the Champaign-Urbana area
For those who like the thrill of a good scare, here are some options for the Halloween season a short drive from Champaign-Urbana
Love haunted houses and other spooky thrills? Looking to get your scream on? We have a list of Champaign-Urbana area Halloween haunted houses, creepy experiences, zombie proms, spooky film festivals and more for adults and teens.
Chambanamoms thanks Necrosis Haunted House for presenting this guide.
Welcome to a nightmare realm infested with evil and consumed by darkness … where the line between the living and the dead is rotting away …
Step into the World of the Wicked.
Necrosis Haunted House is a haunted attraction located in East Central Illinois featuring many highly detailed, immersive sets that utilize live actors, professional sound, lighting, and special effects to scare and entertain all who enter.
Necrosis was named a Top Ten Haunted House (2021, 2022) by HauntedIllinois.com. Necrosis was also named the Top Overall Attraction in the state (2019) by IllinoisHauntedHouses.com and Haunts.com.
Editor’s Note: Please contact the event directly if you have questions about age appropriateness. These events are NOT geared toward young children. If you’re looking for things to do that might be a little less heart pounding and are considered family friendly, check out our Champaign-Urbana Halloween Events and Activities.
Haunted Houses (and other scary outings) near Champaign-Urbana
Clinton’s Terror On Washington St Haunted House: This Haunted House in Clinton is open weekends in October starting Oct. 6. “Experience the MADNESS for yourself.”
Downs Haunted House: It’s a little bit of a drive (head west on I-74 toward Bloomington about 40 minutes). Every Friday and Saturday in October, tickets are $12.
Farmer City Haunted Forest: The Farmer City Haunted Forest is a Haunted Hayrack Ride through the Salt Creek Campsites, located in South Park just south of Farmer City. Beware of the live scares you may encounter on your ride. Free and runs a couple weekends in October. There is also a “less scary” matinee version.
Necrosis Haunted House: Located off of Route 45 in Rantoul. “A nightmare realm infested with evil and consumed by darkness … where the line between the living and the dead is rotting away.” Open weekends beginning Sept. 29. Tickets usually run $25 and up.
Nightmare at Fox Hill: A non-profit haunt now in its ninth year. This year’s proceeds benefit the Monticello Theater. Don’t miss BLACK OUT night on Nov. 4 with just a glow stick to guide you through. Regular hours are Friday and Saturday, beginning Oct. 13 from 7-10:30 p.m.
Haunted House presented by Unity High School Student Council: Held on the grounds of the high school on Oct. 21. Kid friendly hours and “regular haunts” later in the evening. All proceeds go to the Student Council’s Thanksgiving Food Drive.
Do you have a spooky experience or haunted house not included in our list? Submit your event here.
More information on Halloween in Champaign-Urbana
Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities | Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared | Where to Trunk or Treat in Champaign-Urbana | Champaign-Urbana Area Trick or Treat Hours
Find everything related to fall in Champaign-Urbana:
- Where to Take Fall Family Photos in Champaign-Urbana
- 17+ Pumpkin Treats to Try Around Champaign-Urbana
- 10+ Places to See Fall Colors in Champaign-Urbana (and a Fall Trail Map)
- Champaign-Urbana Area Trick or Treat Hours
- Where to Trunk or Treat in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Halloween Events at Zoos Near Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities
- Our Favorite Fall Parades in Champaign-Urbana
- 21 Things to Do During Fall (on a Budget) in Champaign-Urbana
- Fantastic Fall Festivals a Short Drive from Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Fall Fairs and Festivals
- Apples, Pumpkins and Corn Mazes in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fun for Families in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Pick Apples Near Champaign-Urbana