How to get a local turkey for your Thanksgiving table in Champaign-Urbana
Fall is officially here and the temperatures have started to drop. That means local businesses are already taking reservations for Thanksgiving turkeys.
Other area businesses offering turkeys for pre-order include:
Bane Family Meats, Sidney: Bane Family Meats is a small family farm with a commitment to humanely raised meat and poultry. They raise beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey and eggs all on pasture, and with no antibiotics, no pesticides and no GMO feeds. Frozen turkeys will be available for the holidays; price is $5/lb, expect the size range to be 10-20 lbs. Turkeys can be reserved by contacting David at (217) 722-2188 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They tend to to sell out quickly, so place your orders now. In the past, they have provided free delivery to the Champaign-Urbana area just prior to the holidays.
Hickory River Smokehouse, Urbana: Order your choice of whole smoked turkey or ham or half a ham by Nov. 21 for pickup between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Sides are included with the meat selection.
Old Time Meat and Deli, Champaign: Old Time Meat and Deli is accepting orders for fresh Amish free-range turkeys of various sizes. You can choose Mon, Tues, or Wed of Thanksgiving week to pick up your bird. Call (217) 355-0000 to place your order for this or other items from their extensive offerings.
Project 47 Smokehouse, Mahomet: Get an applewood smoked turkey (12-14 pounds in size) with a pint of cranberry BBQ sauce for this year’s Thanksgiving. Pick up at Project 47 on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to noon. Turkeys must be prepaid and orders placed by Nov. 14. Sides also available in 1/3 pan size (serves 8-10 people). Reserve your turkey today by emailing email@example.com or calling (217) 586-3456. Limited quantities available.
Triple S Farms, Stewardson: Triple S Farms is taking orders now until availability runs out. Their turkeys are the broad breasted bronze. Their turkeys are on clover and grass pastures. They are constantly moved so that they always have fresh pastures to graze on.
INFO THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN CONFIRMED FOR 2021 (last year’s info displayed)
Black Dog Smoke and Ale House, Champaign: Looking for a pre-cooked option that will be hot and ready to eat? Black Dog will once again be offering a limited number of 14- to 16-pound fresh Amish smoked turkeys from Arthur. These turkeys will be available for pickup on Thanksgiving Day from 10 a.m. to noon. Order online and consider many Black Dog favorites as side options available for purchase as well.
Harvest Market, Champaign: Harvest Market will once again be offering turkeys for pre-order. As of the date of this writing, they had not yet firmed up details but confirmed that they would be offering turkeys available for pre-order. If cooking isn’t your thing, you can actually order your entire Thanksgiving meal from Harvest Market. Call (217) 355-7878 to order.
Not everyone is a fan of turkey at Thanksgiving. Find our listings of where to find local meats here.
Did we miss your favorite source for a turkey in Champaign-Urbana and beyond? Email us here.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- How to Chop Down Your Own Christmas Tree in the Shawnee National Forest – For $5 (or Less)
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Botanical Garden at Lake of the Woods to Illuminate during Holidays for First Time
- 8+ Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Christmas Parades near Champaign-Urbana
- German Christmas Market Returns to Riggs Beer Company in Urbana
- What You Need to Know About the Walk-Through Holiday Lights at Allerton Park