It’s a common question in any community: ‘Who’s your doctor?’
Choosing a healthcare provider for your adult health care needs is a very personal decision. We’re here to help! We asked our readers to recommend their favorite Champaign-Urbana area physicians for adults, and we appreciate every response we received.
Please note, this list DOES NOT contain OB/GYNs (go over here for that one).
Chambanamoms.com does not endorse or recommend medical professionals; all opinions expressed below are those of chambanamoms.com readers. This list is intended as a community resource and was generated from individual mentions on the chambanamoms.com Facebook page.
A few tips:
- In the Champaign-Urbana area, most physicians are affiliated with either Christie Clinic or Carle.
- Please note that not all physicians accept all insurances or have admitting privileges at all hospitals, so doing your own research is a must.
- Some of the most popular physicians in our area may have a full practice and therefore not be accepting new patients. This status may change, so it is not indicated here. (Another question for you to research.)
- We asked our readers specifically for primary care providers for adults. The most common degree and area of specialty are MDs in Internal Medicine (adults) or Family Medicine (all ages), but note that there are a few doctors of osteopathy (DO) on this list as well as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Want to do an informational interview with a provider? Just call their office to see if it’s possible to set one up.
This provider list is organized by office location. Here’s to your health, Champaign-Urbana!
Christie Clinic on Windsor, Champaign
Kathleen Collins, MD, Internal Medicine
- “She is smart, caring, funny and all around wonderful person!”
Daniel Deem, MD, Internal Medicine
- “He is fantastic and always has time to listen to his patients concerns.”
Lindsey George, MD, Family Medicine
- “She’s patient and will listen to you, doesn’t shame you for anything, and genuinely cares. I adore her!” “She also works well with specialists.” “She is fantastic as a primary care provider. She will be in your corner to advocate for the specialized care you need – she doesn’t just sign a referral then forget – she makes sure they are taking it seriously too.” “Both my husband and I love Dr. Lindsey George at Christie Clinic on Windsor. She’s patient, knowledgeable and very professional.”
Sana Grover, MD, Internal Medicine
- “She is wonderful. She takes the time to listen, and she’s easy to schedule with.” “I saw Dr. Sana Grover for the first time last summer and she was fantastic. She took a full medical history, listened to concerns and answered my questions. Very friendly also.”
Francis Lee, MD, Family Medicine
- “I’ve had a great experience with Dr. Francis Lee at Christie Clinic on Windsor! And I can always get in!”
Tegan McCormick, DO, Internal Medicine
- “My husband and I both see Dr. McCormick at Christie Clinic. I have a growing list of health issues and lean towards if you can test for it, I want it done and fix me. My husband is a typical won’t go to the doctor unless he is dying or forced to (by me). She has been a good fit for both of us.” “Spectacular.” “She is so nice and really listens to your concerns. She’s very thorough and personable!” “She has been an amazing resource during this pandemic.”
Khalid Waheed, MD, Family Medicine
- “I would highly recommend Dr. Waheed. Me and my kids are his patients, and I do not have enough good words about him. He is a very compassionate and intelligent physician, and listens to you thoroughly, and renders quality care. He totally makes you feel valued, and does not ever look down on you. He has a sense of humor as well, and ensures you leave happy.” “He is fabulous, very knowledgeable, and cares so much for all his patients — young and old alike.”
Sami Zabaneh, MD, Internal Medicine
- “He is great! He’s kind and very thorough.” “Excellent in every way.” “My husband who doesn’t like Drs willingly goes to him and he’s great at listening and trying things out of the box.” “He’s amazing! I highly recommend any of the primary care providers at Christie Clinic also. Top notch care!” “He is the absolute best.”
Carle on Curtis, Champaign
Holly Dallas, MD, Internal Medicine
- “She’s great! I feel like she’s listening when I’m talking without judging me.”
Dawn McCoy, MD, Family Medicine
Amanda Walker, MD, Internal Medicine
- “She has been great with me actually listens n super friendly”
Carle on Windsor, Urbana
Noleen Kala, MD, Internal Medicine
Carle South Clinic, Urbana
Julia Rozier, MD, Family Medicine
- “She’s a resident and one of the best doctors I’ve had.”
Two Roads Wellness Clinic, Champaign
Marie Anderson, APRN (advanced practice registered nurse)
- “She is amazing. They do basic primary care and psych services.”
Square1 Healthcare, Champaign
James Chandler, PA, Family Medicine
- “He is wonderful. His practice doesn’t accept insurance, it’s a concierge practice. He really cares for his patients and is available by phone and text to his patients.”
OSF Medical Group, Savoy
Andrew Zasada, MD, Internal Medicine
- “He was a long time ER physician at OSF/Provena. Fantastic doctor to have on your side!”
Nicole Arnold, DO, Family Medicine
- “She is who my husband and I see and she is amazing!”
Christie Clinic, Mahomet
Dawn Brunner, MD, Family Medicine
- “She takes time to listen, obviously cares, and explains your options well.”
Michael Kuhlenschmidt, MD, Internal Medicine
- “He is by far the best doctor. He is so thorough, and really listens to the needs of his patients. He truly cares.”
Christie Clinic, St. Joseph
Jeanelle Murphy, DO, Family Medicine
- “Always kind and thorough. My son didn’t want to leave the office the last time we were in there.”
Thomas Franzen, MD, Family Medicine:
- “Love Dr Franzen in Rantoul he really takes the time to listen to you and works with you to get the best treatment plan in place”