Editor’s note: Chambanamoms.com does not officially endorse or recommend medical professionals. All opinions below are those of chambanamoms.com readers.
You asked for recommendations for Champaign-Urbana area eye doctors (optometrists) and chambanamoms readers answered. These answers focused on both children and adults, and note ages where warranted. Originally published in 2013, we recently updated this list after surveying our Facebook page members in March 2016.
- Dr. Erik Burgwald, Jones Optical (Champaign) and Burgwald Eye Center (Mahomet): “Dr Burgwald is awesome. I go there and so do my kids ages 10, 7, and 11 months. Quick and easy very little if any wait time and everyone is very friendly.” “Super friendly staff and convenient hours!”
- Dr. Kelly Sanders with Illini Eye Care: “She is efficient, knowledgeable and knows how to get the kids to enjoy the appointment.” “I especially sought her out for my boys, one of whom has anxiety and sensory processing disorder.”
- Dr. Larry Kessler with Kessler Optical: “He is wonderful with little kids, even when they’re on the shy, timid side.”
- Dr. Jodi Albert with Jodi Albert and Associates. “Great with my girl on the autism spectrum.” “I can’t say enough about Jodi Albert! She was great with both my kids at the pre-K check-up.”
- Dr. Ryan Witt with Chittick Eye Care in Savoy “Dr. Witt spends a great deal of time with my kids and answers any questions. He is great!”
- Dr. John Williams, Carle: “My daughter has been going to him since she was 4 – and she’s now 17!”
- Dr. Julie Quivey, All About Eyes, Champaign (formerly with Dr. Jodi Albert)
- Dr. Glancy, Champaign Eye Professionals, located at Lenscrafters in Champaign.