Frozen 2 Mania Hits the Champaign-Urbana Area as Movie Opens Right Before Thanksgiving
Hey Champaign-Urbana: do you want to build a snowman? For the first time in forever, there will be a resurgence of all things Frozen, as the blockbuster animated flick returns with a sequel right in time for the holidays.
In case you haven’t been paying attention, Anna, Elsa, Olaf and others will make their triumphant return to the big screen when Frozen 2 comes out on November 22. The Disney marketing machine is rolling out the Frozen 2 hype as we write this. Confession: we’re all in for this one.
Good news for fans: in Champaign-Urbana, there will be plenty of chances to meet Anna and Elsa and other residents of the kingdom of Arendelle, as activities pop up all over the community in celebration of the opening of Frozen 2 this November.
Have a few Frozen fans in your life? A few tips to get prepared in advance of the the Frozen 2 sequel:
1. Check out the Frozen 2 trailer (it’s available online) and get a sneak peek at the new song. You can do that on YouTube.
2. Watch the first movie. You can download it digitally or buy the DVD; the libraries have copies of it too; we recommend you reserve it in advance.
3. Speaking of the library (Champaign? Urbana? Mahomet?), they have tons of other Frozen materials, especially books and music.
4. If you’re wanting to get a jump on holiday shopping, the Frozen II merch is already trickling out. Check out the wide array of stuff – from apparel to toys to LEGO to housewares.
5. Movie showtimes aren’t out yet (as of publish date), but we are watching the local info closely.
Frozen Events in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
Read the description for each of the events below, as the Frozen 2 appearances/activities vary from event to event and there may be a cost associated with some of these events.
(Having an event we should add? Submit it here.)No Events