December is typically a time associated with family fun, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip date night this month. Far from it — we’ve come up with a list of things to do without the kids.
Thanks to Krannert Center for the Performing Arts for presenting this month’s date night ideas. Visit the Krannert website to explore the list of entertainment choices for a fun December outing!
The Top Date Night Ideas for Champaign-Urbana in December
Yoga Flow at Cafe Kopi: Starting Dec. 1 and continuing every Friday after, Cafe Kopi will host a Yoga Flow program. Cost is $5 per person and hot tea is provided.
Urbanite Dance Showcase: Nineteen dance groups and special guests are slated to perform Dec. 2 at the City Center in Champaign. Presented in partnership with the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Department of Fine and Applied Arts at the U of I, and Dance at Illinois.
Ana Gasteyer at Krannert: Best known for her work on Saturday Night Live, Gasteyer offers her inimitable comedy along with holiday classics and original tunes in this Dec. 6 show at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
House of Desire at The Station Theatre: This 17th-century romantic farce is a wild tale of confusion and mistaken identities. Directed by Christiana Harkulich. Eight performances from Dec. 7-17 in Urbana.
New to C-U Mixer at Krannert Art Museum: The Chambana Welcome Crew invites all new residents (since 2021) to its New to C-U mixer on Dec. 7 at Krannert Art Museum for networking, food and drinks. NOTE: Must RSVP by Nov. 30!
Holiday Drag Show: Anthem, the new gay club in the former Soma building in downtown Champaign, will host its Holiday Drag Show on Dec. 9 (ages 19+). Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Girl Named Tom One More Christmas Tour: Visit the Virginia Theatre on Dec. 16 to celebrate with a show filled with Christmas harmonies and all of your Girl Named Tom favorites. Click here for tickets.
Keith Harden Band Reunion: Get ready for Dec. 23 — the legendary Keith Harden Band will reunite once again at the Rose Bowl Tavern that night to rekindle years of memories created on C-U stages. All seating is first-come, first-serve.
Triptych’s Festivus Celebration: It’s a Festivus for the rest of us! Get ready for the Airing of Grievances — I’ve got a lot of problems with you people! — on Dec. 23 at Triptych Brewing in Savoy.
New Year’s Eve at the Rose Bowl Tavern: Chicago Farmer and The Fieldnotes will perform with special guests The Bashful Youngens on TWO nights — Dec. 30-31 — at the Rose Bowl in Urbana. Two-day passes are available for $30. Single-day tickets are $20 in advance or $25 day-of.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 7
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- What You Need to Know About Chanukah
- Chanukah in Champaign-Urbana: What, When and Where to Shop
- 10+ Reasons to Visit Chicago During the Holiday Season
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10+ Things to Do in Indianapolis for a Holiday Getaway
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Zoo Lights: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Season Parades in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More