How to get a local turkey for your Thanksgiving table in Champaign-Urbana
As spooky season comes to a close, all eyes turn to the next holiday: Thanksgiving. It’s time to secure your turkey, and plenty of local spots have them
Other area businesses offering turkeys for pre-order include:
Bane Family Meats, Sidney: Bane Family Meats is a small family farm with a commitment to humanely raised meat and poultry. It raises beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey and eggs all on pasture, and with no antibiotics, no pesticides and no GMO feeds. Thanksgiving turkeys are available at $6/lb, anywhere from 7-13 lbs. Turkeys can be reserved by contacting David at (217) 722-2188 or emailing email@example.com. It tends to to sell out quickly, so place your orders now. In the past, Bane has provided free delivery to the Champaign-Urbana area just prior to the holidays.
Cheese & Crackers, Champaign: Preorder your turkey from Slagel Family Farms through Cheese & Crackers. Slagel turkeys are rich in flavor and quite forgiving compared to the factory-farmed, mass-produced turkeys available at any large grocery chain. Available in ranges from 8-24 lbs. Preorder ASAP by calling (217) 615-8531.
Hickory River Smokehouse, Urbana and Champaign: Order your choice of whole smoked turkey or ham or half a ham by Nov. 17 for pickup between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. You can choose to order just the main meat or meat with sides for a complete Thanksgiving dinner.
Old Time Meat and Deli, Champaign: Old Time Meat and Deli is accepting orders for fresh Amish free-range turkeys of various sizes. Choose a whole turkey, or boneless or bone-in turkey breast. Old Time will even smoke your turkey for an additional charge. You can also preorder cooked Beef House rolls, but they sell out quickly so order soon. Pick up your bird the week of Thanksgiving. Call (217) 355-0000 to place your order for this or other items from its extensive offerings (including a limited numbers of hams available for the holiday).
Project 47 Smokehouse, Mahomet: Get a smoked turkey (12-14 pounds in size) with a pint of cranberry BBQ sauce. Pick up at Project 47 on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to noon. Get your orders in; availability is limited and the deadline is Nov. 18. Sides are also available for an additional cost. Reserve your turkey today by calling (217) 586-3456; payment due with order.
Triple S Farms, Stewardson: Triple S Farms is taking orders now until availability runs out. Its turkeys are the broad breasted bronze and are on clover and grass pastures. They are constantly moved so that they always have fresh pastures to graze on. As of this writing, Triple S has turkeys of all sizes available. Send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
Market Wagon, Champaign County and beyond: Market Wagon aims to bring a farmers market right to your doorstep. This food-delivery service allows you to shop multiple local vendors and farms in the area. There are plenty of Thanksgiving turkey and side options available – check out our review of Market Wagon here.
Ingold’s Meat & Deli, Fisher: Get your fresh, never frozen Amish free-range turkey from Ingold’s Meat & Deli. Turkeys are fed an all-natural vegetarian diet and are priced at $3.99/lb. Call (217) 897-0778 to reserve your turkey, or stop by the meat counter at the store.
Not everyone is a fan of turkey at Thanksgiving. Find our listings of where to find local meats here.
Did we miss your favorite source for a turkey in Champaign-Urbana and beyond? Email us here.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 7
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- What You Need to Know About Chanukah
- Chanukah in Champaign-Urbana: What, When and Where to Shop
- 10+ Reasons to Visit Chicago During the Holiday Season
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10+ Things to Do in Indianapolis for a Holiday Getaway
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Zoo Lights: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Season Parades in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More