Parents of babies and toddlers will want to know about this perfect outing for warm summer mornings at Sholem Aquatic Center
Nothing says summer more than a sweet morning splashing around with young children when the pool is open just for them
You can find families with young children at playgrounds, libraries, the mall and so many other places. No matter what time of year it is, anyone watching babies, toddlers and preschoolers will tell you how important it is to get OUT and do things in the morning to ensure that oh-so-precious nap time arrives just as it should after lunch time.
During the summer months in Champaign-Urbana, we have one more option to add to the list — tot splash time at Sholem! We love Sholem Aquatic Center for about a dozen reasons and tot splash time is just one of them.
What: Tiny Tots Splash Time at Sholem Aquatic Center
Who: Ages 5-and-under with parent/guardian
When: Daily from 8-10:45 a.m. (except for a few days here and there – visit this site, click on more aquatics programs and you should find the exact dates)
How much: $5 (resident) or $7.50 (non-resident) per person; free for season pass holders. Children ages 3 and under are free with a paying adult.
Know Before You Go
Packing for a visit to tot time is just like a visit to the pool during any other hours. The only difference is that you will spend your entire visit in the fenced-in kiddie pool. Approved swim diapers are required for all children that wear diapers. The other areas at Sholem are being used in different ways (or not open) during tot time.
You may want to confirm everything is still on before you go, as this can get canceled sometimes if the weather is not cooperating. You can check the Champaign Park District Rainout Line or sometimes find info on the Sholem Facebook page.
The kiddie pool at Sholem is a very shallow splash pool with some water spray features and an adorable turtle slide (shown below) in the middle. Children can safely maneuver up the stairs and down the slide and walk or crawl around under the watchful eyes of their parent and the Sholem lifeguards on duty.
It is worth noting that the concession stand is not open during tot swim hours, so pack those snacks and plenty of water before you leave home.
If you hold a Sholem season pass and are planning on staying for open swim when it opens for pass holders, you will have to pack up when tot swim wraps up at 10:45 a.m., exit Sholem Aquatic Center and re-enter when swim time begins.
Whether you go to tot splash time just once or twice a summer or you make it a regular part of your summer routine, you’ll definitely meet other adults you have something in common with — a great part of any great baby/toddler outing — and your child is going to have a fun time, too. And it definitely checks the box of ensuring you have a quiet rest of the day while your little recoups from all that fresh air and splish-splash fun!
Get ready for summer in Champaign-Urbana:
- Fall Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- End of Summer Pool Closings and Hour Changes
- Champaign County Fair Fun for Families: Preview, Highlights, Tips and Ways to Save
- Where to See a Baseball Game Near Champaign-Urbana
- How to Celebrate Juneteenth Around Champaign-Urbana
- Blueberry Picking Near Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Go Boating with Your Family Near Champaign-Urbana
- Summer Parades in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Fourth of July FIREWORKS!
- Splash Pads Around Champaign-Urbana
- Beaches Within a Short Driving Distance of Champaign-Urbana
- Strawberry Picking Near Champaign-Urbana
- Summer Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Best Midwest Summer Road Trips for Champaign-Urbana Families
- How to Celebrate the Fourth of July in Champaign-Urbana
- 7 Great Summer Festivals in Central Illinois
- Champaign-Urbana Area Summer Reading Programs
- Champaign-Urbana Area Summer Fairs and Festivals
- 50+ Ways to Have Summer Fun on a Budget In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Free and Cheap Outdoor Movies in Champaign-Urbana
- Swim Teams in Champaign-Urbana
- Outdoor Concerts in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Free Kids Movies Return to Savoy in Summer
- Visiting Champaign-Urbana Area Parks and Playgrounds with your Family
- Farmers Markets in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Summer Fun for Families in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Swimming Pools
- Things to Do for Teens (and Tweens) This Summer in Champaign-Urbana
- Fishing Fun for Families in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Where to Take Swim Lessons in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Summer Camps for Kids