The path through Prairie Farm in Champaign will feature brightly colored lights
This classic summertime destination opens its gates for the holiday season so visitors can stroll through the familiar path
We had a chance to experience it last year and we are thrilled to see the holiday lights display return to the Champaign staple again this year. The Champaign Park District will be illuminating Prairie Farm (located on Kirby Avenue, adjacent to Sholem Aquatic Center) every Thursday through Sunday night, Nov. 25 through Jan. 1.
Must Know Information
When: Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 25 through Jan. 1, 5 – 9 p.m.
Where: Prairie Farm, 2202 W. Kirby Ave., Champaign
How much: Free to enter; free hot chocolate on Friday and Saturday evenings only (plus Sunday, Nov. 27 during our chambanamoms night, too!)
What: A relaxing and accessible-for-all stroll through Prairie Farm to enjoy a beautiful holiday lights display
Special nights to know about
- Opening Night
On opening night (Friday, Nov. 25), you can meet Santa, listen to carolers and enjoy complimentary hot chocolate thanks to the Champaign Park District.
- Twinkling Lights and Hot Cocoa, a Chambanamoms event presented by Christie Clinic
We are thrilled to bring this event back again this year, happening on Sunday, Nov. 27 from 5-6:30 p.m. During this event, Chambanamoms will be passing out glow sticks and complimentary hot chocolate. Follow the event on Facebook for updates.
Other important info
There are no animals at Prairie Farm during the winter holiday lights. Make sure your kids know ahead of time!
We recommend following the Champaign Park District on Facebook for updates regarding the lights. The lights will be closed on Dec. 24-25 and 31.
Looking for more? Subscribe to our Home for the Holidays Newsletter. Want more ideas for holiday (or everyday) fun? Check out our Events Calendar.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 8
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More