Holiday lights are returning to Allerton Park in 2022
This family friendly, after-dark holiday lights experience will be held for the sixth consecutive year at Allerton Park in Monticello
The winter holiday season is inching closer and closer. And we already know Champaign-Urbana is positively crazy for lights — Christmas lights, in particular! We cannot wait to drive around and see all the festive twinkling lights this December while sipping hot cocoa in the car with the kids.
Taking that tradition just one beautiful step further, we are happy to share that the Allerton Holiday GLOW, a walk-through lights display, is set to return to Allerton Park this year for a long season full of holiday cheer that extends into mid-January.
Holiday GLOW features an illuminated one-mile walk through the gardens of Allerton Park after dark. There will be some new favorites, in addition to more familiar light displays from years past.
This year the walk will stay illuminated through Jan. 14 so you can enjoy the lights well beyond Christmas and the New Year.
When to visit
- Visit nightly from Dec. 2-23, between 5 and 9 p.m.
- Dec. 27-30
- Jan. 6-7
- Jan. 13-14
Editor’s Note: Opening night on Dec. 2 is the only night that tickets are required to visit. Beginning Dec. 3, you may just drive up to Allerton any night the lights are on display.
There is a suggested donation of $10 per car upon arrival (excluding opening night, for which tickets are sold). You can make a donation online or they can be made at the donation boxes at the park.
Opening Night – Dec. 2
Join the opening night festivities to kick off the celebration! Tickets for Dec. 2 are on sale now; the cost is $10 per person (10 and under are free). Allerton’s Holiday Showcase will also be open to ticket-holders the evening of Dec. 2, and the Monticello High School Music Department will have performers on site to help get you in the holiday spirit. You can even drop your kids at a natural ornament making shop in the Carriage House (ages 4 and under must be supervised by an adults) while you go shop the Holiday Showcase yourself. Food trucks and a cash bar will be available. (No food/drinks inside the mansion where the Showcase vendors will be.)
More About Allerton Park
Allerton Park is a delight to visit all year long. Read our things to know before you head out to Allerton Park with your family, nearly all of which apply even during the middle of winter. Getting out and experiencing nature as a family is always a great idea!
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 8
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More