Champaign-Urbana in the spring, summer and fall: Free and cheap outdoor concerts galore
Many of these are family friendly, so bring the kids along for some live music in Champaign, Urbana and beyond
What’s better than relaxing outside listening to live music on a nice summer evening? How about listening to free (or cheap) live music?
This summer — and spring, and fall — there are dozens of opportunities in the Champaign-Urbana area and beyond to take in free outdoor concerts with your family. We’ve listed as many as we can find below!
Chambanamoms thanks Urbana’s Market at the Square for presenting this list.
Urbana’s Market at the Square is the place to shop when you want to shop local. Each week the Market features fresh-picked fruits and vegetables (some grown within Urbana city limits), beef, pork, chicken, bison, eggs, fresh flowers, baked goods, and food trucks. The Market also features the work of local makers including jewelry, soap, candles, ceramics, and paintings. There are musical performers and activities for kids each week. Urbana’s Market at the Square is a producer-only market which means everything is grown, made, or produced in Illinois by the people who are selling it.
For more information: website, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Free (and cheap!) Summer Outdoor Concerts In and Around Champaign-Urbana
For your outdoor listening pleasure, we’ve listed free and low-cost outdoor summer concerts below. Settings range from neighborhood parks to city streets to festivals. Click on the links to find the detailed schedule for each venue. We will also include spring and fall concerts, as outdoor music is a treat any time we have the chance to catch it!
We will be adding to this constantly, so keep checking back. If you know of a concert you’d like to see on this list, take a moment to submit it to our event calendar and we’ll get it on here.
Saturday, July 1, 2023
Jurgens Park, 9:30 pm
Parade at 2 p.m. in Downtown Arthur; one of the most impressive fireworks displays in the area at dusk.
Get ready for summer in Champaign-Urbana:
- End of Summer Pool Closings and Hour Changes
- Champaign County Fair Fun for Families: Preview, Highlights, Tips and Ways to Save
- Blueberry Picking Near Champaign-Urbana
- Summer Parades in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Best Midwest Summer Road Trips for Champaign-Urbana Families
- Beaches Within a Short Driving Distance of Champaign-Urbana
- How to Celebrate Juneteenth Around Champaign-Urbana
- 8 Great Summer Festivals in Central Illinois
- Champaign-Urbana Area Fourth of July FIREWORKS!
- 50+ Ways to Have Summer Fun on a Budget In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Summer Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Champaign-Urbana Area Summer Fairs and Festivals
- Splash Pads Around Champaign-Urbana
- Strawberry Picking Near Champaign-Urbana
- How to Celebrate the Fourth of July in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Champaign-Urbana Area Summer Reading Programs
- Where to Go Boating with Your Family Near Champaign-Urbana
- Free and Cheap Outdoor Movies in Champaign-Urbana
- Summer Fun for Families in Champaign-Urbana
- Farmers Markets in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Outdoor Concerts in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Free Summer Kids Movies Return to Savoy
- Where to See a Baseball Game Near Champaign-Urbana
- Visiting Champaign-Urbana Area Parks and Playgrounds with your Family
- Things to Do for Teens (and Tweens) This Summer in Champaign-Urbana
- Fishing Fun for Families in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Swim Teams in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Champaign-Urbana Summer Camps for Kids