Holiday lights are returning to Allerton Park and they are back with a new name, “Holiday GLOW”
This family friendly, after-dark holiday lights experience is going to be held for the sixth consecutive year just a short drive from Champaign-Urbana at Allerton Park in Monticello
The winter holiday season is inching closer and closer. And if there was one thing we learned during 2020’s holiday season it is just how much Champaign-Urbana LOVES lights — Christmas lights, in particular! We cannot wait to drive around and see all the festive twinkling lights this December while sipping hot cocoa in the car with the kids.
Taking that tradition just one beautiful step further, we are happy to share that the Allerton GLOW — formerly the Kirby Winter Wellness Walk — is set to return to Allerton Park this year for a long season full of holiday cheer that extends into mid-January.
Holiday GLOW features an illuminated one-mile walk through the gardens of Allerton Park after dark. The path will be familiar to Allerton visitors, including a trip through the Fu Dog Garden and other Allerton favorites. There will be some new favorites, in addition to more familiar light displays from years past.
This year the walk will stay illuminated through Jan. 15 so you can enjoy the lights well beyond Christmas and the New Year.
When to visit
- Visit nightly from Dec. 3-23, between 5 and 9 p.m.
- Dec. 27-30
- Jan. 7-8
- Jan. 14-15
Editor’s Note: Opening night on Dec. 3 is the only night that tickets are required to visit. Beginning Dec. 4, you may just drive up to Allerton any night the lights are on display.
There is a suggested donation of $10 per car upon arrival (excluding opening night). You can make a donation online or they can be made at the donation boxes at the park.
Opening Night – Dec. 3
Join in the opening night festivities to kick off the celebration! You must register ahead of time and the cost is $10 per person (10 and under are free). There will be food trucks and a cash bar outside (no food/drinks inside the mansion where vendors will be).
More About Allerton Park
Allerton Park is a delight to visit all year long. Read our things to know before you head out to Allerton Park with your family, nearly all of which apply even during the middle of winter. Getting out and experiencing nature as a family is always a great idea!
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- How to Chop Down Your Own Christmas Tree in the Shawnee National Forest – For $5 (or Less)
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Botanical Garden at Lake of the Woods to Illuminate during Holidays for First Time
- 8+ Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Christmas Parades near Champaign-Urbana
- German Christmas Market Returns to Riggs Beer Company in Urbana
- What You Need to Know About the Walk-Through Holiday Lights at Allerton Park