PLEASE NOTE: This event has already occurred.
Join the Entomology Graduate Student Association and the UIUC Department of Entomology for this annual film festival!
Held virtually this year, the Insect Fear Film Festival is an opportunity to see movies focused on insects, interact with the insects in our petting zoo, and dispel some fears of these incredible, fascinating creatures.
The 2021 theme for the 38th IFFF is… “Fear Films Featuring Fleas! Featured short films and clips have been selected from over 100 years of flea films, instructional videos, and documentaries.
– Virtual Flea Circus featuring our special guest Dr. Tim Cockerill from Falmouth University in England.
– Flea Bugscope where you can see these tiny critters up close!
– EGSA Virtual Petting Zoo, where you can learn about tarantulas, beetles, and other insects & arthropods.
– IFFF Art Contest Gallery, where you can see all of the insect-themed artwork submitted by K-12 students in the area. (They are accepting submissions until February 24th, 5pm)
– Flea/insect crafts you can do at home!
– Get a virtual tour of the INHS insect collection with Dr. Tommy McElrath.
Please note that this event is free, family-friendly for all ages, and registration is required.
More information and a registration link available at: https://publish.illinois.edu/uiuc-egsa/ifff/