University of Illinois’ Vet Med Open House makes plans for 2023
Enjoy a variety of family-friendly events on the University of Illinois’ College of Veterinary Medicine
An annual Champaign-Urbana family tradition, Vet Med Open House is an event unlike any other. Want to stick your arm inside the stomach of a fistulated cow? How about witness dog obedience training in action? Snakes, spiders, and other creepy crawlies? What about a walk through a real laboratory? There’s something for everyone, with animals big and small.
- The event is Sunday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the College of Veterinary Medicine in Urbana.
- Leave your furry friends at home, as this event is for humans only.
- Thousands of people flock to this event each year.
- Exhibits and informational booths will be both inside and outside.
- Highlights include sheep shearing, the fistulated cow, equine demo, dog obedience, service dog demo and the list goes on and on.
No tickets are required for this event. Simply show up and enjoy the event at your own pace. Be prepared for a fair amount of walking and map out your plan ahead of time if there is an exhibit you do not want to miss.