Tickets for Monticello’s Santa on the Train event on sale
Save money and visit Santa for lunch on the train this holiday season
The famous Polar Express tickets (which still have availability, by the way) can run a family of four upwards of $150. And some children can’t even stay up late enough to enjoy the ride and festive atmosphere. So what is a Champaign-Urbana family to do? Why not scoop up one of the last remaining tickets for Lunch with Santa on the train at the Monticello Railway Museum?
The Monticello Railway Museum is moving forward full steam ahead (see what we did there?) with 2021 holiday season plans. And tickets are on sale now for the very popular Polar Express train rides. But whether you hesitate to click “add to cart” on those tickets because it happens later at night or you would like a more budget-friendly holiday option, there is another option you may not know about.
Lunch with Santa on the Train takes place Dec. 4-5 only and is a great option for families looking to make special memories together this Christmas season.
Tickets start at $17.50 per person. A few important things to note:
- You must buy tickets ahead of time and we urge you not to wait another day. They went on sale this weekend and some times are already sold out. Click here to buy your tickets.
- Everyone 2 and older needs a ticket. Children under 2 without a ticket are required to sit on your lap and will not receive a sack lunch.
- Provided lunches are a sack lunch, including a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, and drink. Everyone with a ticket receives a lunch. Cheese sandwiches are available on request for those with allergies.
- Each child will have an individual visit with Santa on the train.
- According to the Monticello Railway Museum website, “applicable CDC and TSA COVID-19 guidelines that are in place at the time of the event will be followed.”
Remember to buy your tickets now without delay!