Oh, Goody! A Peppa Pig Paradise has opened in a Chicago suburb. A must see for any preschooler or young child who loves “muddy puddles” *Snort*
If you have a young child in your household who loves the idea of Peppa Pig and her family coming to life, you might want to plan a trip to the Chicago suburbs.
The Peppa Pig World of Play has opened in Schaumburg at Woodfield Mall, officially opening its doors in late February 2021. Tickets are now on sale, with many COVID precautions in place at this time.
Geared towards pre-schoolers, the attraction features 14 separate themed play areas “lovingly created from the hit animation series.”
One time tickets start at $22.50 for one adult and one child combo; additional children start at $15 each and adults, $5. Annual passes, for those diehard fans, are also available. Pricing is variable and subject to change.
For best pricing, go during the week; prices are higher on holidays and weekends. Be sure to buy tickets online at least 24 hours in advance.
What to know before you go:
- All guests, including Annual Pass holders, must book online to guarantee playtime admission, due to current protocols (this is subject to change).
- Children aged 8 or younger can visit with their family (which must include a responsible adult over 18 years of age). While older siblings and family members are welcome to accompany younger ones in the attraction, the play areas are “only suitable for children 8 and under to play.”
- Everyone will need a ticket except babies under 1 year at the time of visit.
- No adults visiting on their own will be admitted.
- Don’t forget socks – for you and for the kids. For hygiene reasons all guests must be wearing shoes and socks; socks must be worn at all times, as shoes must be removed in some areas of the attraction.
- There’s a Peppa Pig specialty store there – our advice: buy some Peppa Pig stuff in advance somewhere else, to avoid sticker shock.
- Due to local health regulations, all guests aged 2 and older are required to wear a face covering or mask.
A map is available of all the play areas within the attraction. It includes active play (slides and tricycles), sensory play, and lots of pretend play. Here are a few examples:
- Ride trikes at Grandad Dog’s garage. Fill up your trike at the petrol pump and drive through the new automatic car wash.
- Explore the underground world of Rebecca Rabbit. Crawl through the tunnels, hop like a bunny and slide into the biggest muddy puddle of them all.
- Climb aboard the School Bus with Madame Gazelle. Sing-along and play musical instruments.
The Chicago suburb of Schaumburg has become a mecca of family friendly entertainment, including LEGOLAND and Medieval Times. It is also home to the largest mall in the Chicago area, Woodfield Mall, where you will find the Peppa Pig World of Play.
The facility was originally announced in January 2020 with an original opening date declared to be spring 2020, but due to the pandemic, the attraction didn’t open until February 2021. It was built in the space that once housed the Rainforest Cafe.
This is the third Peppa Pig World of Play location in the United States. The first one opened in the Dallas Metroplex area (Grapevine, Texas), followed by the Detroit area (Auburn Hills). There’s also one located in Shanghai.
Future Florida theme park plans for Peppa
Diehard Peppa Pig fans take note: the first Peppa Pig amusement park in the United States is coming to Florida. It will open at Legoland Florida Resort in 2022, according to an announcement in February 2021. (If you want to get to one sooner than that, there’s one in Peppa’s native United Kingdom.
The park will feature multiple rides, interactive attractions, themed playscapes, water play areas and fun live daily shows for Peppa Pig fans and their parents. Kids will have the opportunity to play in Peppa Pig’s favorite “muddy puddles” as well. Families will also be able to meet Peppa and her friends while playing at the park.