The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District announced Monday that essential frontline workers who live or work in Champaign County are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Essential frontline workers are limited to:
- Grocery store workers: baggers, cashiers, stockers, pick-up, customer service;
- Food and agriculture workers: Processing, plants, veterinary health, livestock services, animal care;
- Shelter/Adult day care workers;
- Postal service workers;
- Manufacturing workers: Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers;
- Public transit workers: Flight crew, bus drivers, train conductors, taxi drivers, para-transit drivers, in-person support, ride-sharing services
Vaccinations will be given the week of Feb. 1 by appointment only at the former Dress Barn store in the Kohl’s Plaza, located at 1901 N. Market Street, Champaign.
• Call (217) 902-6100. Due to high call volume, you may experience an extended wait time so we appreciate your patience.
• If you do not feel well the day of your appointment, call to reschedule. Appointments are available on a first come, first served basis. There will not be a waitlist; however, additional appointments will be available next week based on vaccine availability.
Additional notes: You cannot receive the COVID vaccine if you have received any other vaccinations within 14 days prior to your appointment. You may be asked to show an ID for verification of employment. Patients will need to wear a face covering, practice social distancing, and plan to allow at least 15 minutes for observation after the vaccination.
Those eligible for the vaccine are asked to limit the number of individuals in your party that are not receiving the vaccine and wear clothing to allow easy access to the upper portion of the arm for the injection.
There is no cost to individuals to get a COVID vaccine. You may be asked to bring your insurance card if you have one, but you will not be turned away if you do not have insurance.
Champaign County Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccine to Daycare, School Staff