Do you have a passion for the Champaign-Urbana area? Are you willing to try new things? Do you enjoy exploring your surroundings? Do you like to help others? Do you enjoy meeting new people? Do you like to write? Do you like to make a difference? Do you want to have a flexible, fulfilling part-time job?
If you answered yes to even *SOME* of these questions, you might be a good fit to work for chambanamoms.com. We’re GROWING our team so we can better serve the Champaign-Urbana community and our wide coverage area, which includes Champaign, Piatt, Ford, Douglas and Vermilion Counties.
Please note: only local candidates will be considered for this position.
Currently we have an opening for an editorial assistant. Please read job description and if desired, fill out the form below to start the application process.
Job description for the editorial assistant position:
- Write original content for chambanamoms.com and chambanaseniors.com
- Fact check, edit and update existing content on chambanamoms.com and chambanaseniors.com
- Receives direction and assignments from senior editors.
- Implements content according to an editorial calendar set by the senior editors.
- Develops content for online newsletters
- Supports the content team in editing and proofreading
- Works with the content manager to identify trends and articles.
- Other duties as assigned which may include event staffing, calendar edits, developing newsletters, helping team members on special projects.
Must have good communication skills, in person and in writing
Must have prior editing and writing experience
Must be detail oriented and organized
Must be able to work on deadline
Must be a team player who can work well with others, while also being able to work independently and make own decisions
Must be committed to our values: to provide quality, timely, and accurate information.
experience with healthcare communication
exceptional writing ability
willingness to learn new skills
a desire to improve
familiarity with WordPress
active on social media
involved in the community
Has access to own computer, smartphone, and reliable Internet.
Must be able to meet face-to-face at least twice per month, *during* business hours.
Hours and Compensation
This position is very flexible, around 8-10 hours per week, with opportunity to grow beyond that depending on skills. Pay is hourly; rate depends on experience. Responsibility and compensation may grow depending on performance.
Big Big Project Media (parent company of chambanamoms.com) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please fill out the form below and provide at least one professional writing sample for consideration. Position is open until filled; we are always looking for writers, so there may be another opportunity to join us in a more limited capacity.
Still have questions? Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.