Editor’s note: State Farm Center is a sponsor of Chambanamoms.
Finding Neverland makes an appearance at State Farm Center at 7:30 p.m. on May 1 and we’re giving away four tickets to the show. But first, here are our top five reasons to see the musical that hit Broadway in 2015.
1. The show is based on the 2004 film of the same name that was nominated for four Academy Awards (including Best Picture), winning for Best Original Score. (The film is based on the book The Man Who Was Peter Pan by Allan Knee.)
2. The musical tells the story of one of the most fascinating and beloved characters, Peter Pan, who resides in the fantasy haven of Neverland. The story follows playwright J.M. Barrie, who struggles to find inspiration until he meets a widowed mother of four and conjures the character of Peter Pan.
3. The original score is by composer Gary Barlow and Grammy Award winner Eliot Kennedy. The show is director by Tony Award winner Diana Paulus. In other words: There’s some serious talent behind the show and the music.
4. You can get a feel for the music by watching this video of the original cast singing “When Your Feet Don’t Touch the Ground.”
5. The show is recommended for ages 7 and up. It lasts approximately two hours and 30 minutes, including one intermission. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets range from $39 to $65 plus fees.
Now for the best part: You can win four free tickets to see Finding Neverland at State Farm Center. Enter below: