Editor’s note: State Farm Center is a sponsor of Chambanamoms.
Something Rotten! makes an appearance at State Farm Center at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 29, and we’re giving away two tickets to the show. But first, here are our top five reasons to see the musical comedy that hit Broadway in 2015.
1. Set in 1595, the story follows the Bottom brothers — yes, Nick and Nigel Bottom — who yearn for success in the realm of theater. Their goal: Write the first hit musical.
2. There’s just one problem: They have to deal with a fellow named Shakespeare. You might have heard of him. (He’s played by British actor Matthew Baker.)
3. The show was nominated for Tony Awards for Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Leading Actor in a Musical, Best Direction of a Musical and a horde of others. According to New York Magazine, the show is “The Producers + Spamalot + The Book of Mormon. Squared!”
4. As for the music, well, yeah, that’s pretty good, too. It was nominated for a Grammy for Best Musical Theater Album.
5. Something Rotten! kicks off the State Farm Center’s Broadway Series, which includes Cinderella (Dec. 16), Kinky Boots (April 14) and Finding Neverland (May 1). Purchase tickets for the entire series here.
Now for the best part: You can win two free tickets to Something Rotten! Enter below: