Looking for a change of scenery for your next date night or night out with friends? Miga is the newest addition to upscale dining. Executive Chef Jae Lee brings a new meaning to the Modern Cuisine experience by blending American, French, and Asian flavors and techniques. Miga presents eclectic dishes which are as stunning to the eye as they are delectable to the taste buds. Keep reading — we have a $50 gift card to give away to one lucky reader!
Miga has recently been voted as the #5 restaurant in Illinois, including Chicago, on OpenTable. Come see what all of the buzz is about.
Here are 6 reasons why you need to experience Miga.
1. Great ambience, superb service, and unique, delicious food. The ambience at Miga features a contemporary, big-city feel that didn’t require the long trip up to Chicago, from brick and exposed concrete, all the way down to the knives standing on their blades. The atmosphere of Miga is warm and inviting, and the standard of service each guest receives gives Chicago restaurants a run for their money. Each dish served is not only visually appealing, but all of the ingredients on the plate are meant to be enjoyed together. The garnishes and sauces on each plate are used to create a balance making each bite burst with flavor. Unlike many upscale or fine dining restaurants, Miga’s portions are quite substantial, leaving you feeling satisfyingly full.
2. Extensive drink menu and full-service bar. Miga’s newly updated drink menu consists of more than 47 different wines from all over the world, 10 handcrafted house cocktails, 14 specialty beers, and nine sake/soju selections. There’s something to satisfy everyone’s wishes when it comes to drinks at Miga. Guests can pull up a seat at the full-service bar for dinner or drinks.
3. Private events. In addition to the elegant dining room, Miga also has two private rooms which are perfect for a night out with friends, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, or entertaining guests in town. The first room seats up to 6-8 people, and the second room seats up to 8-12 people. The best part: they’re free to reserve, and there’s no food or drink minimum.
4. Brunch. Miga offers a weekly brunch menu on Sundays from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Stop in for a casual brunch with family or friends, and don’t forget to try the specialty housemade Miga Bloody Mary or a mimosa with your choice of fruit juice that are only available during brunch. Like the dinner menu, Miga’s brunch features menu items that incorporate American, French, and Asian flair.
5. Convenient location and parking. Miga is located in the heart of downtown Champaign, in the M2 building with its doors facing Church Street. Parking is suggested at the Hill Street Parking Deck and the restaurant offers a two-hour parking voucher for the Hill Street Parking Deck, when requested.
6. Versatile menu allows you to be as casual or as upscale as you wish. The flexibility of the menu and atmosphere creates an opportunity to be casual for a spontaneous dinner out with friends or as sophisticated as a nice anniversary or date night with your special someone.