Have you heard? There’s a new pizza joint in town! Pizzeria Antica recently opened in downtown Champaign and serves authentic Neapolitan pizza.
We headed out for date night but ended up learning that kids are more than welcome. Here are the top five things to expect when you visit Pizzeria Antica:
1. You order and pay first. When you step into the newly renovated pizzeria space, you are greeted warmly and given the opportunity to look at the menu. We each ordered our own pizza and planned on sharing so we could try all of the different ingredients.
2. Wine by the bottle. If you want to enjoy some wine with your pizza be prepared to purchase the entire bottle. If you don’t want to finish it, you can close it up to take home. We easily finished our bottle of white and red!
3. Not just pizza. If pizza isn’t your thing (gasp), there are many other yummy options to choose from. There are several salads and antipasti choices.
4. Fast Food. The pizzas are made to order and delivered within five minutes to your table.
5. Very kid friendly! Owner Ramin Karimpour wants to make this the family pizza spot for Champaign-Urbana. He wants the atmosphere to be full of families enjoying a night out on the town. He suggests ordering the Margherita pizza without basil if your kids aren’t adventurous with food.
Pizzeria Antica was an amazing new find for our date night repertoire, but more importantly I will add it to our family night out too. I highly recommend visiting Pizzeria Antica and supporting another delicious family friendly restaurant in the Champaign-Urbana community.
Pizzeria Antica is located in the former Ratio Architects building between Quality Beer and Ten Thousand Villages. It is open everyday from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. (or until it runs out of dough). You can find more information and a menu on the website.