When you find a hair stylist you love, you want to hold on to them. Unfortunately, sometimes they move away. We asked our readers for their favorite hairstylists and salons in Champaign-Urbana, and when it comes to favorites- they had a lot to say!
Here are the recommendations from our readers as solicited via our Facebook page. Stylists located at the same salon are grouped together. (Please note these are reader recommendations, inclusion on this list does not mean an endorsement from chambanamoms.com. Providers change often; these recommendations were made in December 2013.)
- Absolute Style, Tolono: “Lorrie from Absolute Style is awesome! I love that in two years I have been going I can just walk in a say do whatever and it looks great! All my employees, family, customers, and complete strangers compliment me on my cut and color. Love her!” “I like to develop a relationship with my stylist so she knows my hair and my personality and can create something beautiful. I’m loyal to Tiffany at Absolute Style. Yes, it’s a little drive, especially from NW Champaign, but she is reasonably priced and does a fantastic job. And now I call her Friend. She is awesome with my boys too, who prefer NOT to be still for anything.” (217) 485-3888. 107 N Watson St., Tolono.
- No. 7 Salon and Spa, Urbana: “Erin Christians at No. 7 Salon and Spa!! They are great and years of experience but at a new location!” “”Erin Christians. She has done my kids, mom, sister’s wedding, ect. She is just amazing. She opened her own shop in Urbana. Even if she’s not available, you can’t go wrong at her salon.” (217) 607 – 5280. 700 S Gregory St. Suite B,Urbana.
- “Limited Edition Hair Studio and Spa, Savoy: “Amy is my stylist. Not only is she great as a stylist, but she’s also a great person. I started going to her because one day I sat at the mall and scoped out people who has great hairstyles. I asked them who cut their hair. 3 out of 4 people I asked said Amy!” (217) 352-9508. 411 North Clarendon Court Suite 101, Savoy.
- Rod Sickler Salon and Spa, Champaign: “Ashlee Thomas at Rod Sickler is Ah-mazing!! Love Her!!!”Ashleigh Coartney at Rod Sicker Salon! She is the best with color! I have gone to her with my own mess ups (orange hair) and she fixed it, no problem! She also does amazing make-up! She did mine for my wedding and she did such an amazing job! For a wedding or just a girls night out she does the best hair and make-up!” “Rod Sickler at Rob Sickler Salon! He has been doing my hair for 33 years. He is the best at cuts and color. He will make you feel good about yourself. His experience speaks for itself. Love him!!!” “Miranda Bretz at Rod Sickler salon. She is awesome!” “Paige Kelly at Rod Sickler Salon.” Ashlee, Rod, and Ashleigh had multiple mentions by our readers. (217)403-1790. 2520 Village Green Place, Champaign.
- BJ Grand Salon, Champaign: “Anna Bates at BJ Grand Salon.” “Josh at BJ Grand Salon.” ” Carrie Fourez at BJ Grand Salon. She is a wizard with hair color.” “Kara McConkey at BJ Grand Salon is the best! She does a fantastic job with long hair and short hair, with kids and with adults!” “Joshua Cook at BJ Grand Salon is absolutely amazing. He always knows what to do to make my hair look/ feel amazing!” “”Jaime Reppert at BJ Grand Salon.” “Christina Henry at BJ is amazeballs! Best cut and color in town! I cut all of my hair off today and it looks great. I wasn’t the least bit worried because I knew I was in great hands!” Jaime, Kara, and Anna had several mentions from our readers. (217) 355-0505. 3006 Crossing Court, Champaign.
- Ippatsu Salon, Champaign: “Katharine Brown at Ippatsu Salon. She’s got a great eye for style.” “Having lived all over the place I know what a pain it is to find someone new. We’ve been in Austin for almost 2 years and I still haven’t found anyone here I trust. That being said, Rebecca at Ippatsu is 1 of 2 stylists that if I could afford a plane ticket just for a hair cut, I would fly back for her. And believe me, I’ve considered it!” “Jake at Ippatsu is great with super short cuts” “Ippatsu always knows how to treat you! Love Kate, Amy, and Lindsey!” Both Katherine and Rebecca had several mentions from our readers. (217) 356-6547. 73 E. Chester S.t, Champaign.
- Allure Salon, Champaign: “Tonya stylist and manager at Allure Salon on Springfield (across from Prairie Gardens) in Champaign. She comes from Chicago so her techniques are modern and best of all she listens and meets your needs!” “Allure salon. The girls there are awesome and experience. Kim is amazing!!!!” (217) 355-3900. 2907 W Springfield Ave, Champaign.
- H2O Salon, Urbana: “Edith Peacock at H2O Salon is phenomenal!! Heck, all her stylists work some serious magic!” “Maggie Hurley at H2O Salon in Urbana!” “Angela Mitchell at H2O. She’s awesome!” “I go to Anna Dykstra at H2O and I love her! She listens and gives me cool cuts with lots of movement!” Edith, Angela and Anna had several mentions by our readers. (217) 337-1480. 109 N. Broadway, Urbana.
- The Salon at Ulta, Champaign: “Brandy Clegg at Ulta (Champaign) is the best around, she has been making me look good for many years. I get so many people complimenting me on my hair, and they ask who does my hair, why Brandy of course!” Brandy had several mentions from our readers. (217) 355-5234. 2023 N. Prospect Ave, Champaign.
- John George Salon and Spa, Savoy: “Vicki Treat at John George Salon and Spa in Savoy…she’s a master stylist, been with her for over 20 years. I get a lot of compliments on my hair, even her own sister made a comment about how my hair always looks great…she forgot her sister was my stylist. I also must compliment Heather Bell at John George Salon and Spa. She cuts my husband’s hair and does a fantastic job! She also style my daughter’s hair for her wedding…absolutely gorgeous!” (217) 352-2525. 109 Graham Drive, Savoy.
- Oak Street Salon, Mahomet: “Tia Crom at Oak Street Salon in Mahomet. If she can do my hair she can do anyone’s hair!! She is extremely patient and talented. She won’t let little things go and makes sure you leave looking your best. the salon itself offers great products and services with affordable prices.” (217) 586-6070. 308 East Oak Street, Mahomet.
- Zuma Salon at The Beach, Champaign: “Aleasha Rivers at Zuma Salon at The Beach.” (217) 328-4428. 502 E. John St. #102, Champaign.
- Bouffant Salon, Urbana: “All the ladies at Bouffant Salon are awesome! (and we love Tashia!)” “Julie at Bouffant Salon. She is great! Cuts your hair how you want it- give great advice on cuts based upon your style and is very reasonable. I love the salon, girls, and atmosphere.” “All the girls at Bouffant Salon are awesome! My favorite is Ashlee though! She has been doing my hair, my daughter’s (13) and son’s (11) for 6 years! I’m so happy I found her when I moved back here!” “The Ladies at Bouffant Salon..Ashlee, Hillary, and Tashia…they are ALL wonderful!! Julie had several mentions by our readers. (217) 693-7481 / (217) 693-7485. 2860 S. Philo Rd. Suite L, Urbana.
- My Salon, Champaign: “Johnna Barger at My Salon next to Busey on S Prospect (Champaign). “She knows when to listen to me and when to tell me to just shut up and let her do what I pay her to do!” (217) 359-8310. 907 Arrow Rd, Champaign.
- Wingard Salon, Champaign: “Lindsey Ferris at Wingard Salon! I’ve been seeing her for 10 years!” “Jean G at Wingard Salon! The color she uses is gentle and less damaging and she is really fun to talk to!” Lindsey had several mentions by our readers. (217) 403-1153. 805 S Neil St., Champaign.
- Regis, Champaign: “Lisa at Regis (Marketplace Mall) is really good!” (217) 355-4555. 2000 N Neil St. #500, Champaign.
- Kane & Co. Champaign: “Alex Thompson, Kane & Co. The best!” “Ursa is THE best at Kane & Co. She is amazing, really studies your hair, remembers what she does each time. Plus, the owners have had their business in Champaign for decades.” “Christina Walker.” Alex and Ursa each had multiple mentions from our readers.(217) 359-2424. 41 East University Ave. Champaign.
- Studio H in the Salon House, Champaign:”Susan Haines at Studio H in the Salon House. (Champaign) I have allergies to hair dye and she is great to work with me on that. Love the hair cuts and great prices!” (217) 552-0202. Unit D, 2918 Crossing Court, Robeson Crossing, Champaign.
- Lando Salon, Champaign: “Jessica Laley at Lando Salon. She is professional, yet personable, and always does an amazing job!” (217) 344-0097. 707 S 6th St., Champaign.
- Sculpt Studio, Champaign :”Kristie Swim at Sculpt Studio! Love her, she is very talented and fun to chat with!” “Tracy Cramer at Sculpt!” “Britt-Marie Wilson at Sculpt!!! She is amazing!!!” Kristie and Britt-Marie had several mentions from our readers. (217) 355-1100. 2001 Round Barn Rd. Ste. B, Champaign.
- Shear Impressions, Urbana: “Jennifer Davis at Shear Impressions!” (217) 344-6263. 1604 North Cunningham Ave., Urbana.
- Hair Cuttery, Champaign: “Sarah Masters. She is at Hair Cuttery on Green Street by Talecris.” (217) 398-9127. 24 E Green St., Champaign.
- Studio 114, Monticello: “Sara Larson at Studio 114 in Monticello!” (217) 762-7973. 206 S. Market, Monticello.
- Eden’s Rain Salon, Champaign: “Melissa at Eden’s Rain Salon is great at cutting curly hair, and that’s hard to find!” (217) 352-3366. 501 N Neil St., Champaign.
- Color Exchange Salon, Urbana: “Stacy at The Color Exchange Salon is great!”(217) 328-0898. 1206 N. Cunningham Ave. Suite B, Urbana.
- Studio 9 Hair Design, Champaign: “Janelle at Studio 9. She always give me a stylish cut and my hair is healthier and longer than ever!” “Judy Miller at Studio 9. Been going to her for 20 years. I even hesitate to recommend her since she is so booked I selfishly don’t want to lose my spot!” (217) 351-9198. 701 Devonshire Dr.BTC Building, Champaign.
- Innu Salon, Champaign: “Jennifer Mahar at Innu Salon downtown Champaign. She’s amazing. Her cuts are the best. Colors are perfect.” Jennifer had several mentions by our readers. (217) 637-7245. 206 N. Randolph Suite 2, Champaign.
- Rose and Taylor Barber and Beauty, Champaign: “Thank you Larry Lyons for taking great care of my locks for the past 4 years! You are the best! Larry works his magic at Rose and Taylor salon and barber shop.” Barber Shop: (217) 398-9689
Beauty Salon: (217) 355-9689. 124 N. 1st St., Champaign.
- Hello Gorgeous, Champaign: “Neil Culpepper at Hello Gorgeous on Locust.” (217) 260-4402. 207 S Locust St., Champaign.
- Timothy John, Urbana: “Tina at Timothy John.” (217) 344-4720. 404 W. Green St. Urbana.
- Spa Envy, Champaign: “Spa Envy! Everyone is amazing!” (217) 378-4939. 2219 South Neil St., Champaign.
- Sport Clips, Chamapaign: “Dawn Morano at Sport Clips.”(217) 365-9200. Neil Plaza, Champaign.
Do you have a Champaign-Urbana hair stylist recommendation for our readers? Leave it in the comments below!