There are many opportunities to get involved with chambanamoms.com. One of them is to write for us! You do not have to be a mom or even a parent to write for us. We appreciate content from a wide range of voices.
Content we seek: articles about local attractions, activities, events and issues; birthday party reviews; family-friendly restaurant reviews, and more.
Have an essay you want to contribute about parenting, motherhood, or anything on your mind? That would be a great addition to our Mom-to-Mom series.
Before you send us a guest post, please read all of this information.
• Each post must come with a photo. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Be sure you include the hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Multiple photos are great if your article is longer. The Creative Commons area of Flickr is a good place to search for photos.
• Post length should be approximately 350 – 750 words. 500 is a nice round number.
• Posts end with a brief author’s bio (2-3 sentences) that links to the site (or sites) of the author’s choice. Please also send a photo of yourself.
Process to Submit a Guest Post
1. Send us an email (here is our contact page). You can also email our contributor coordinator, Laura Berg, directly at laura.berg AT chambanamoms DOT com.This email should include a short paragraph that explains your idea for your guest post, including a possible title. You should also explain why you think it would interest our readers.
2. We will write you back and let you know if we are interested in your post idea.
3. Please send text for your post in a TextEdit file (.rtf) or via a link to a Google Doc; we prefer not to have Word documents. We will format and prepare it for publication. Send any photos (see above) as an email attachment. Don’t forget to include your submitted post title, your byline and your bio.
4. Once you submit your post, please allow two weeks for your post to be reviewed. We will let you know if it has been approved for publishing, or if we need anything else.
5. We may not be able to tell you the exact date your post will be published once your post has been accepted. We will do our best to notify you several days before your post is live.
The Fine Print
• We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If a large amount of editing is necessary, it will be returned to the author for revision.
• You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.