Please remember that events may be canceled or rescheduled last minute due to unpredictable weather or other factors. We encourage you to reach out to event organizers before heading out to an event to verify it is still happening.
Douglas-Hart Nature Center
Falalala along the decorated and lighted trail at Douglas-Hart nature center in Matoon to enjoy 25+ festive outdoor scenes that are sure to bring holiday cheer.
What To Expect:
- Free Will Donation: Donate what works for your family’s budget, whether it is $5, $10, or $20. They rely on donations to support our education and conservation efforts across all three of our properties.
- The trail is only .25 miles and loops near the front of the visitor center.
- There are 25+ stations, great for taking family photos and selfies.
- Please respect families in front of you and wait for them to finish at a station before moving forward.
- The visitor center is open for restrooms only.
- Staff and volunteers will be on-site every night to answer any questions you may have.
Dates: Monday, December 12 – Saturday, December 17, 5-8pm
For more information, visit www.dhnature.org/winterwalk or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Douglas-Hart Nature Center is located at 2204 DeWitt Avenue East, the corner of Lerna Rd and DeWitt Ave in Mattoon.