Breakfast, lunch or dinner: Where to eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
If you are looking for a place to eat on Christmas Day, we have a list of restaurants that will be open for your family
Maybe making reservations sounds more compelling than making a turkey or ham (or anything else) this Christmas Day. Maybe you don’t celebrate the holiday and instead enjoy a less-crowded night out at a favorite eatery. Regardless of the reason, we have the guide for you. Here’s our 2022 list of where to eat out (or take-out) on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana (not including fast food or coffee shops).
We have verified all of these restaurants will be open in Champaign-Urbana on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day in 2022. Please pay attention to detailed information in the post below. Chambanamoms is not responsible for changes in holiday hours, so it is always best to call ahead and verify that no changes have been made since the date of publishing. Additional restaurants may be added as we are aware so be sure to check back.
Looking for holiday pre-orders? You’re in luck! Check out our list of Champaign-Urbana bakeries and restaurants with open pre-orders for Christmas dinner and treats.
Chinatown Buffet,713 W. Marketview Dr., Champaign: Open regular hours Christmas Eve 11 a.m.-10 p.m. and Christmas Day, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Denny’s, 702 W. Town Center Blvd., Champaign: Open 24/7, every day.
I Wok, 113 W. Calvin St., Savoy: Open from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Closed on Christmas Day.
Kohinoor Indian Restaurant and Lounge, 6 E. Columbia Ave., Champaign: Open regular hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Merry Ann’s Diner, 1510 S. Neil St., Champaign: Merry Ann’s will close at 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and re-open at 6 a.m. on Christmas Day.
Oishi, 2501 N. Prospect Ave., Champaign: Open regular hours Christmas Eve (11 a.m .- 9 p.m.) and Christmas Day (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
Peking Garden, 206 N. Randolph St., Champaign: Open regular hours Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, 1214 W. University Ave., Urbana: Perkins will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and 6 a.m.–3 p.m. on Christmas Day.
Super Wok, 1737 W. Kirby Ave., Champaign: Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
If you know of other Champaign-Urbana area restaurants open on Christmas, email us and we will add the information for our readers. Looking for more? Subscribe to our Home for the Holidays Newsletter. Want more ideas for holiday (or everyday) fun? Check out our Events Calendar.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 8
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More