December is typically a time associated with family fun, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip date night this month. Far from it — we’ve come up with a list of things to do without the kids.
Thanks to the Lodgic Everyday Community for presenting this month’s grownup things to do.
German Christmas Market at Riggs: Running every weekend (Thursday-Sunday) until Christmas, the market features a beer garden with local vendors, German food, hot spiced wines beer and plenty of other fun. A unique event you won’t find anywhere near C-U.
The Comedy of Greg Hahn in Monticello: Well-known comedian Greg Hahn will perform at 3Ravens from Dec. 1-3. Tickets are limited so get them now.
Line Dancing Night at Rose Bowl Tavern: Kick up your heels Dec. 22 in Urbana as you learn some new line dances (no cover charge!) at the Rose Bowl Tavern.
12 Beers of Christmas: Get your tickets for the 12 Beers of Christmas event, benefitting Toys for Tots, Dec. 10 at The Esquire Lounge in Champaign. This popular gathering, from 1-5 p.m., promises some great fun and even better beers.
Triptych’s Festivus Celebration: It’s a Festivus for the Rest of Us! If you’re a Seinfeld fan, you know what that means. On Dec. 23, air your grievances at Triptych in Savoy.
Ladies Night at Canopy Club: Female musicians take center stage on Dec. 9 with “Hits all night by you for you” at The Canopy Club. Show starts at 10 p.m. Cost is $10 at the door.
Japanese Tea Ceremony: It’s the last tea ceremony of the year. Find your zen Dec. 7 at the Japan House on the University of Illinois campus. If you’ve never experienced this, we promise you won’t be disappointed. Get more details here.
Lindy Hoppers at Hamilton Walker’s: The Illini Swing Society hits Hamilton Walker’s in Champaign on Dec. 4 for its monthly event. Come out and swing dance to your heart’s content. No cover charge!
Mannheim Steamroller at The Virginia Theatre: It’s not as if kids couldn’t come to this but … why take the chance that they won’t like it? Grab your spouse on Dec. 21 and enjoy some Christmas classics from Mannheim Steamroller.
Crafty Adults at Champaign Public Library: Take your paper crafting skills to the next level on Dec. 14. Learn collage concepts to create cards, original artwork or decoupage projects from Laura Reiss. All skill levels are welcome. Registration opens at 9 a.m. on Dec. 1.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 8
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More