From one food-filled holiday (Halloween) to the next (Thanksgiving), November provides plenty to experience — and not all of it is food-related, believe it or not. Check out our top picks for family fun during the month.
Thanks to Busey Bank for presenting our list of the top family friendly things to do in November in C-U.
All Smiles will pay $1 per pound of candy to the child donating it (up to 5 pounds). Of course, there are plenty of things you can do with all that extra candy. We have some ideas.
This musical comedy features an original story highlighted by Wednesday Addams’ newfound love interest. The crew of kids will perform multiple shows over the three-day span at the Virginia Theatre.
Grange Grove and Illini Football Walk, Nov. 5, 12
Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but C-U has a severe case of Illini football fever! The Illini, ranked among the nation’s top 20 teams, will face Michigan State on Nov. 5 and Purdue on Nov. 12 at Memorial Stadium, their final two home games of the season. So get to Grange Grove for free activities and welcome the team to the stadium on the Illini Walk.
Kids Climbing Clinic, Nov. 12
No experience is necessary — but you must register — for this two-hour climbing clinic at the U of I’s Activities and Recreation Center on Nov. 12. Ages 7-13 are welcome. Cost is $10.
Make plans to head out to Harvest Moon Drive-In in Gibson City for their Hot Chocolate and Holiday Movie nights. This weekend features The Grinch and A Christmas Story.
Join the Urbana Park District for a Thanksgiving morning tradition. It’s a one-mile run/walk in Crystal Lake Park, a great excuse to spend the rest of the day replenishing the calories that you burned off in the morning!
A festive holiday lights setting will light up Prairie Farm in Champaign starting on this night and continuing on weekends through Jan. 1. Meet Santa, listen to carolers, and enjoy complimentary hot chocolate.
Santa makes his way through downtown Champaign in this annual event that gets everyone in the holiday spirit. The parade begins at 6 p.m. but visits with Santa begin at 3 p.m.
Join Christie Clinic and chambanamoms for a special evening of lights, family-friendly fun, and free cocoa at Prairie Farm (2202 W. Kirby Ave, Champaign) on November 27 from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Prairie Farm will be lighting up the farm this holiday season and we are so excited to be a part of the fun!
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- How to Have a Family-Friendly New Year’s Eve in Champaign-Urbana
- 5 Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Eat on Christmas in Champaign-Urbana
- A Beloved University of Illinois Tradition Sings On: Dial-A-Carol Goes Live Dec. 8
- Where to Order Holiday Meals and Treats in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More