How to get a local turkey for your Thanksgiving table in Champaign-Urbana
As spooky season comes to a close, all eyes turn to the next holiday: Thanksgiving. It’s time to secure your turkey, and plenty of local spots have them available
Other area businesses offering turkeys for pre-order include:
Bane Family Meats, Sidney: Bane Family Meats is a small family farm with a commitment to humanely raised meat and poultry. It raises beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey and eggs all on pasture, and with no antibiotics, no pesticides and no GMO feeds. Thanksgiving turkeys are available at $5.50/lb, anywhere from 9-26 lbs. Turkeys can be reserved by contacting David at (217) 722-2188 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They tend to to sell out quickly, so place your orders now. In the past, Bane has provided free delivery to the Champaign-Urbana area just prior to the holidays.
Hickory River Smokehouse, Urbana AND Champaign: Order your choice of whole smoked turkey or ham or half a ham by Nov. 18 for pickup between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. You can choose to order just the main meat or meat with sides for a complete Thanksgiving dinner.
Old Time Meat and Deli, Champaign: Old Time Meat and Deli is accepting orders for fresh Amish free-range turkeys of various sizes. Choose a whole turkey, or boneless or bone-in turkey breast. Old Time will even smoke your turkey for an additional charge! Pick up your bird the week of Thanksgiving. Call (217) 355-0000 to place your order for this or other items from its extensive offerings (including a limited numbers of hams available for the holiday).
Project 47 Smokehouse, Mahomet: Get an applewood smoked turkey (12-14 pounds in size) with a pint of cranberry BBQ sauce for this year’s Thanksgiving. Pick up at Project 47 on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to noon. Get your orders in; availability is limited and the deadline is Sunday, Nov. 20. Sides are also available for an additional cost. Reserve your turkey today by calling (217) 586-3456; payment due with order.
Triple S Farms, Stewardson: Triple S Farms is taking orders now until availability runs out. Its turkeys are the broad breasted bronze and are on clover and grass pastures. They are constantly moved so that they always have fresh pastures to graze on. As of this writing, Triple S has small and medium whole turkeys available. Send an email at email@example.com to place your order.
Market Wagon, Champaign County and beyond: Market Wagon aims to bring a farmers market right to your doorstep. This food-delivery service allows you to shop multiple local vendors and farms in the area. There are plenty of Thanksgiving turkey and side options available – check out our review of Market Wagon here.
Ingold’s Meat & Deli, Fisher: Get your fresh, never frozen Amish free-range turkey from Ingold’s Meat & Deli. Turkeys are fed an all-natural vegetarian diet and are priced at $3.99/lb. Give them a call at 217-897-0778 to reserve your turkey, or stop by the meat counter at their store!
Not everyone is a fan of turkey at Thanksgiving. Find our listings of where to find local meats here.
Did we miss your favorite source for a turkey in Champaign-Urbana and beyond? Email us here.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Giving and Volunteering in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Holiday Bucket List: 35 Things To Do Before Christmas
- 10 Festive Indianapolis Destinations for a Family Holiday Getaway
- 8 Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- Holiday Season Parades in and around Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Champaign-Urbana Area Christmas Shows, Concerts, Performances and More