Haunted houses and where to get scared in and around Champaign-Urbana
For those who like the thrill of a good scare, here are some options for the Halloween season a short drive from Champaign-Urbana
Love haunted houses and other spooky thrills? Looking to get your scream on? We have a list of Champaign-Urbana area Halloween haunted houses, creepy experiences, zombie proms, spooky film festivals and more for adults and teens.
Thank you to Baldwin Asylum Haunted Attraction for presenting Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana.
This Halloween Season, Slayerville Productions Presents Baldwin Asylum Haunted Attraction “Ten Years of Fear!” Challenging its customers to survive sheer terror as it enters its 10th and final season, the Asylum opens Friday, Sept. 30, and continues weekends through the first weekend in November.
- The top rated attraction in Central Illinois (2021)
- Haunted Illinois Official Top 10 Haunt (2021)
- Awarded #1 best haunted attraction by Illinois Top 5 (2021)
- Awarded #1 scariest attraction by Illinois Top 5 (2021)
- 9.12/10 rating by The Scare Factor
Suitable for teens and older, Baldwin Asylum is located at 2040 Lon Drive, in the old Pizza Hut across from Rural King in Rantoul. There is a FREE photo op in front of the hearse with giant monsters, included with admission price! Tickets are $30 and may be purchased at the door or through the website here. Follow on Facebook and Instagram, too.
Editor’s Note: Please contact the event directly if you have questions about age appropriateness. These events are NOT geared toward young children. If you’re looking for things to do that might be a little less heart pounding and are considered family friendly, check out our Champaign-Urbana Halloween Events and Activities.
Clinton’s Terror On Washington St Haunted House: This Haunted House in Clinton is open weekends in October starting Oct. 7. “Experience the MADNESS for yourself.”
Downs Haunted House: It’s a little bit of a drive (head west on I-74 toward Bloomington about 40 minutes). Every Friday and Saturday in October, tickets are $12. There’s also an “un-haunted” kids day on Oct. 30.
Farmer City Haunted Forest: The Farmer City Haunted Forest is a Haunted Hayrack Ride through the Salt Creek Campsites, located in South Park just south of Farmer City. Beware of the live scares you may encounter on your ride. Free and runs a couple weekends in October. There is also a “less scary” matinee version.
Necrosis Haunted House: Located off of Route 45 in Rantoul. “A nightmare realm infested with evil and consumed by darkness … where the line between the living and the dead is rotting away.” Open weekends in October. Tickets usually run $25 and up.
Not yet confirmed: Haunted House presented by Unity High School Student Council: Held on the grounds of the high school. We will post details once they are confirmed.
Do you have a spooky experience or haunted house not included in our list? Submit your event here.
Find everything related to fall in Champaign-Urbana:
- Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Halloween Events at Zoos Near Champaign-Urbana
- Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana
- 21 Things to Do in the Fall on a Budget in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fairs and Festivals in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities
- Apples, Pumpkins and Corn Mazes in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Have the Ultimate Outdoor Fall with Kids in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Our Favorite Fall Parades in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Fall Fun for Families in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Fantastic Fall Festivals a Short Drive from Champaign-Urbana
- Peaches Aplenty at Okaw Valley Orchard
- Where to Pick Apples Near Champaign-Urbana