Summer, we love you, but fall fairs and festivals in Champaign-Urbana are awesome in their own special, pumpkin-filled ways
The weather may be getting (a little) cooler but the fall festivals in Central Illinois are heating up! The fall festival season includes events starting with Labor Day weekend and running through early November.
There are so many to choose from in our area and each one offers some serious family fun. Feel like watching a parade? Carving a pumpkin? Watching a lumberjack competition? Taking in some folk and roots music? How about taking a train ride? There’s something for everyone at a festival near you this fall.
Here’s our list of fall festivals in the Champaign-Urbana area; we will continue to add to this list.
Did we miss your favorite fall festival? Let us know so we can add it (email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.)
FALL FESTIVALS HAPPENING IN THE CHAMPAIGN-URBANA AREA
Date(s): 08/18/2023 – 08/21/2022
Highlights: Carnival, kids games, tractor pull, car/motorcycle show and more! Free entertainment!
Le Roy Fall Festival
Date(s): 08/22/2023 – 08/27/2022
Highlights: Fun evening entertainment! Food, carnival, nightly ice cream socials and games - live entertainment nightly. Great family fun!
Mahomet Music Festival
Date(s): 08/25/2023 – 08/27/2022
Highlights: Enjoy FREE live music, parade, carnival rides, street vendors, crafters, bags tournament, and more up and down Main Street. Admission to the fest is FREE; some activities and carnival rides have a cost.
Hoopeston National Sweet Corn Festival
Date(s): 08/31/2023 – 09/05/2022
Highlights: The Hoopeston Sweetcorn Festival is unique in that, besides the normal carnival, demolition derby, Grand Parade and other events, they cook approximately 50 tons of sweetcorn with an antique steam engine and distribute the corn FREE. All events take place at the McFerren Park.
Arthur Amish Country Cheese Festival
Date(s): 09/02/2023 – 09/05/2022
Highlights: This Amish Country cheese festival is full of family fun with a parade, tractor pull, music, inflatables, pony rides, face-painting and more!
Arcola Broomcorn Festival
Date(s): 09/09/2023 – 09/12/2021
Highlights: Free admission and entertainment; food and crafts for sale. Visitors can see broom activities, arts/crafts, free entertainment, great food, and more.
Find everything related to fall in Champaign-Urbana:
- Where to Trunk or Treat in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Champaign-Urbana Area Trick or Treat Hours
- Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Halloween Events at Zoos Near Champaign-Urbana
- Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana
- 21 Things to Do in the Fall on a Budget in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fairs and Festivals in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities
- Apples, Pumpkins and Corn Mazes in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Our Favorite Fall Parades in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Fall Fun for Families in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Fantastic Fall Festivals a Short Drive from Champaign-Urbana
- Peaches Aplenty at Okaw Valley Orchard
- Where to Pick Apples Near Champaign-Urbana