From one food-filled holiday (Halloween) to the next (Thanksgiving), November provides plenty to experience — and not all of it is food-related, believe it or not. Check out our top picks for family fun during the month.
Thanks to Busey Bank for presenting our list of the top family friendly things to do in November in C-U.
All Smiles will pay $1 per pound of candy to the child donating it (up to 5 pounds); please observe COVID protocols when visiting the office.
The event formerly known as the Market IN the Square is now presented by the Champaign Farmers Market, but expect the same type of delicious stuff that you’ve come to know. The details are similar to previous years: Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon at Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana.
Enjoy supervised playtime where ages 5-12 can play on equipment. Parents are required to stay with their child during the open gym. Advance registration is required.
It’s a matinee for the Illini (noon start) against the Buckeyes, so take advantage of $5 tickets for ages 12 and under for an exciting time at Huff Hall.
Third- through sixth-graders will perform this adaptation of the classic Disney animated film. Saturday’s performances include a 2 p.m. showing.
Make plans to head out to Harvest Moon Drive-In in Gibson City for two weekends in November for their Hot Chocolate and Holiday Movie nights. (This is the first weekend; different movies each weekend.) The gates will open at 5 and show time will be 6:30. On-screen Holiday entertainment and music before the movies start, meet and greet with Santa & The Grinch, Photo Areas, the Lighted Lane Christmas Light display and food items to enjoy with your movies.
Join the Urbana Park District for a Thanksgiving morning tradition. It’s a one-mile run/walk in Crystal Lake Park, a great excuse to spend the rest of the day replenishing the calories that you burned off in the morning!
A festive holiday lights setting will light up Prairie Farm in Champaign starting on this night and continuing on weekends through Dec. 30. Meet Santa, listen to carolers, and enjoy complimentary hot chocolate. Questions:
Santa makes his way through downtown Champaign in this annual event that gets everyone in the holiday spirit. The parade begins at 6 p.m. but visits with Santa begin at 3 p.m. Be sure to check out our Parade Guide for a comprehensive list of area holiday parades.
Everything Holiday Season In and Around Champaign-Urbana
- Meals with Santa Claus in Champaign-Urbana
- Where to Find Santa Claus in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- 50+ Experience Gift Ideas for Kids in Champaign-Urbana
- Amazing Christmas Lights Around Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Live Nativity Displays in Champaign-Urbana
- Holiday Lights at the Zoo: Where to Drive From Champaign-Urbana
- How to Chop Down Your Own Christmas Tree in the Shawnee National Forest – For $5 (or Less)
- Home for the Holidays: Shopping and Eating Locally in Champaign-Urbana
- Botanical Garden at Lake of the Woods to Illuminate during Holidays for First Time
- 8+ Great Places to See Holiday Lights in Central Illinois
- All Aboard: Polar Express Fun (Beyond the Train) in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Holiday Events and Activities
- Where to Buy a Live Christmas Tree Near Champaign-Urbana
- Christmas Parades near Champaign-Urbana
- German Christmas Market Returns to Riggs Beer Company in Urbana
- What You Need to Know About the Walk-Through Holiday Lights at Allerton Park