Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in and around Champaign-Urbana
For those who like the thrill of a good scare, here are some options for the Halloween season just a short drive from Champaign-Urbana
Love haunted houses and other spooky thrills? Looking to get your scream on? We have a list of Champaign-Urbana area Halloween haunted houses, creepy experiences, zombie proms, spooky film festivals and more for adults and teens.
Thank you to Baldwin Asylum Haunted Attraction for presenting Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana.
Baldwin Asylum Haunted Attraction – Voted THE #1 Visitors Favorite Haunted House in 2020! Challenging its customers to survive 10,000 square feet of sheer terror as it enters its 9th season, the Asylum opens Saturday, September 25 and continues weekends through Halloween.
Suitable for teens and older, Baldwin Asylum is one of the top rated haunted attractions in Illinois. Baldwin Asylum is located at 2040 Lon Drive in the Taylor Studios building, behind Pizza Hut in Rantoul. Face coverings, hand sanitizing, & a temperature less than 100.4 F, are all required for entry. There is indoor waiting and entertainment! Tickets are $20 and may be purchased at the door or through the website here. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram, too.
Editor’s Note: Please contact the event directly if you have questions about age appropriateness. These events are NOT geared toward young children. If you’re looking for things to do that might be a little less heart pounding and are considered family friendly, check out our Champaign-Urbana Halloween Events and Activities.
Clinton’s Terror On Washington St Haunted House: This Haunted House in Clinton is open weekends in October starting Oct. 8. “Experience the MADNESS for yourself.”
Dark History and Horror Convention: The Dark History & Horror Convention is an annual event showcasing the darker side of history, some of your favorite horror characters, the paranormal, artwork, authors, comics, and all things dark and creepy. For adults only at the I Hotel in Champaign. Oct. 23, tickets $15.
Downs Haunted House: It’s a little bit of a drive (head west on I-74 toward Bloomington about 40 minutes). Every Friday and Saturday in October, tickets are $12.
Harvest Moon Twin Drive-In Annual Frightfest: The weekend of Oct. 8-9 will be a mix of scary and family friendly flicks and the weekend of Oct. 15-16 is all about horror. Film lineup coming soon.
Farmer City Haunted Forest: The Farmer City Haunted Forest is a Haunted Hayrack Ride through the Salt Creek Campsites, located in South Park just south of Farmer City. Beware of the live scares you may encounter on your ride. FREE and runs the last two weekends of October. There is also a “less scary” matinee version.
Necrosis Haunted House: Located off of Route 45 in Rantoul. “A nightmare realm infested with evil and consumed by darkness … where the line between the living and the dead is rotting away.” Open weekends in October. Tickets usually run $15-25.
Haunted House presented by Unity High School Student Council: Held on the grounds of the high school, there are kid-friendly hours from 4-6 p.m. and “real terror” hours from 7-9 p.m. Tickets are $3 for early admission and $5 for late admission.
Do you have a spooky experience or haunted house not included in our list? Submit your event here.
Find everything related to fall in Champaign-Urbana:
- Where to Take Fall Family Photos in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Trick-or-Treat Hours
- Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- 10+ Places to See Fall Foliage in Champaign-Urbana — Plus a Map
- Say Cheese: Champaign-Urbana Area Sites to Take Cute Fall-Themed Pics
- Have the Ultimate Outdoor Fall with Kids in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Fall Events and Activities
- Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities
- Our Favorite Fall Parades in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- 21 Things to Do in the Fall on a Budget in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Fantastic Fall Festivals a Short Drive from Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Festivals in the Champaign-Urbana Area and Beyond
- Apples, Pumpkins and Corn Mazes in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- Where to Pick Apples Near Champaign-Urbana