We know, it’s not technically fall yet. And the 90 degree temps we’ve got going on don’t really lend themselves to “fall” feelings either. But you can start thinking fall this weekend all over Champaign-Urbana, if you haven’t already.
Families can enjoy fall festivals, apple picking, watching football and so much more throughout Champaign-Urbana and beyond
With Labor Day behind us and kids back in school for many weeks now, we’re ready to embrace fall. (Yes, even with the summer temperatures just hanging there on the forecast this weekend.) How about your family? Are you ready to scoop up some mums for your porch, pick some apples off a local tree, or enjoy a fall-themed festival at your leisure? If you answered YES to any of the above, it sounds like you’re ready for a fall full of family fun in Champaign-Urbana and the towns surrounding our community!
chambanamoms.com thanks One Week Boutique for presenting this weekend’s planner
One Week Boutique is the largest pop-up, seasonal baby & kids consignment sale in central Illinois!
Fall Sale Info: September 11-13 at Leonhard Center in Champaign
Sell and shop everything your kids need at HUGE savings! Hundreds of families sell their gently used children’s & maternity clothing, shoes, toys, baby gear, furniture and more. Clothing sizes range from Newborn to Size 14/16, and average clothing prices are $3-$6 per hanger, most with multiple items!
All clothing and shoes are inspected before being accepted and all clothing is hung up and separated by gender and size for easy shopping! From strollers and baby blankets to books and toys, One Week Boutique has savings waiting for YOU!
Looking for the latest on fall in Champaign-Urbana?
Here’s a round-up of what we’ve shared about fall so far for 2021:
- Where to Take Fall Family Photos in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Trick-or-Treat Hours
- Fall Leaf and Yard Waste Collection in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- 10+ Places to See Fall Foliage in Champaign-Urbana — Plus a Map
- Say Cheese: Champaign-Urbana Area Sites to Take Cute Fall-Themed Pics
- Have the Ultimate Outdoor Fall with Kids in the Champaign-Urbana Area
- Champaign-Urbana Area Fall Events and Activities
- Haunted Houses and Where to Get Scared in Champaign-Urbana
- Champaign-Urbana Area Halloween Events and Activities
- Our Favorite Fall Parades in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
- 21 Things to Do in the Fall on a Budget in Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Fun in Chicago: Free Days at the Best Museums
- Fantastic Fall Festivals a Short Drive from Champaign-Urbana
- Fall Festivals in the Champaign-Urbana Area and Beyond
- Apples, Pumpkins and Corn Mazes in Champaign-Urbana and Beyond
Featured Event – Arcola Broom Corn Festival
Friday, September 10 through Sunday, September 12
50th Arcola Broomcorn Festival is fun for the whole family. 100’s of vendors, huge parade featuring their famous lawn rangers and movie cars, broom making demos, family carnival rides and much more!
A few events to check out this weekend
Looking for something to do with your family? You’ve come to the right place! Our events calendar aggregates family-friendly events happening in the Champaign-Urbana metro area. We know you’re busy and looking for a bang for your buck, so we put an emphasis on including free and low-cost events that you can plan to attend on the fly. Please note that events are subject to change without notice.
Friday, September 10, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Welcoming Week 2021 Kick-Off Celebration
at YMCA of the University of Illinois, Champaign IL
Saturday, September 11, 2021
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Touch a Truck
at Downtown Gibson City, Gibson City Illinois
Sunday, September 12, 2021
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Science on Tap
at Riggs Beer Company, Urbana Il