Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week with these Champaign-Urbana teacher deals and gift ideas
Here at Chambanamoms.com, we LOVE our teachers, staff, and school therapists. And we also love freebies and deals.
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3-7, some businesses are showing teachers their gratitude by offering up some freebies and special offers. After the past year of remote learning, changing plans, hybrid learning, and in-person instruction with strictly defined parameters, your children’s teachers will likely appreciate every last drop of gratitude, no matter what it looks like.
Insomnia Cookies, 502 E. John St. #5, Champaign: Teachers, school staff members, and nurses can receive a free classic cookie (with no purchase necessary) or a six-pack of classic cookies (with any purchase). Work identification is required to get the deal, which runs through May 10 at 3 a.m.
McAlister’s Deli, 421 W. Town Center Blvd., Champaign: McAlister’s is offering free sweet tea to all teachers and nurses who are nominated to win free catering through Friday, May 6. Nominate your favorite teacher or nurse here.
Sonic, 601 N. Mattis Ave., Champaign and 101 Calvin St., Savoy: With the Sonic app, enter code TEACHERS to receive a free large drink or slush with any purchase.
Ye Olde Donut Shoppe, 1401 S. Neil St., Champaign: Ye Olde Donut Shoppe is celebrating teachers in the area by giving 10 percent off all orders for teachers. Make sure to bring your identification when you place your order. Readers may also nominate their favorite teacher on Ye Olde Donut Shoppe’s Facebook page for a chance to win a dozen donuts for themselves and the teacher nominated.
Know of any other Teacher Appreciation Week deals that we are missing? Email us at email@example.com.
Want more ideas for what to give the special teachers in your life?
- Take the time to write a note of appreciation, send a picture, or encourage your kids to write a letter to their teacher thanking them for investing in your child’s education.
- Buy your child’s teacher a cup of coffee, icy soda, or special bakery treat (or gift cards for any of these mentioned).
- Donate school supplies to the classroom in support of your teacher. Does your child’s teacher have a donor’s choose project? Consider donating to the project to support future students.
- Consider a gift card for an “after work hours cocktail.”
- Treat your favorite school staff to a gift card for a manicure, pedicure, ice cream treat, or movie night.
- Most teachers love fun stationery, good pens, and great office supplies.
- Teachers also love gift cards for future supplies or classroom materials to stores such as Target, Walmart, Staples, etc.
- Volunteer your time to help with classroom projects or activities. Due to COVID restrictions, this past year has been challenging for allowing visitors in the classroom, but see if your child’s teacher has any projects that can be worked on remotely.