Fair fans, delight — and mark your calendars for the 2021 Champaign County Fair
Plans are underway for the Champaign County Fair this July and you can save the date now for your family’s summer plans
Funnel cakes galore, animals everywhere, live music and don’t forget the demo derby — all the best parts of the fair were missed last year when the Champaign County Fair (and many other fairs and festivals in Illinois) were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And while we’re unsure of how things will look in July, we do know that the Champaign County Fair board and staff are busily working on plans for this year’s fair.
The 2021 Champaign County Fair will be July 22-31 at the Champaign County Fairgrounds in Urbana.
What else do we know at this time? Well, the fair organizers posted on their website the following statement.
“The Fair Board and staff are currently working to put on the Champaign County Fair as scheduled. The health and safety of fair-goers is our top priority and we’ll continue to work closely with the C-U Department of Public Health and the National CDC.”
So you’ll be hearing things about how to enter the pageants and livestock competitions, the scoop on the demo derby and (AND!) exciting concert announcements, the first of which we’re expecting on March 17.
A round-up of fair information that has already been released
We will update this list as information becomes available; we encourage you to follow the fair on Facebook where they often post.
- The Champaign County Fair is scheduled for July 22-31.
- The annual Demo Derby will be July 30 at 7 p.m.
- More announcements are coming on March 17 (possibly concert related).
- Applications for the pageant are due July 18.
- The Beach Boys are scheduled to perform July 23, according to an event on the Champaign County Fair Facebook page. (They were originally scheduled to be at the 2020 fair.) We haven’t seen any recent updates to this.