Let’s have an egg hunt from our cars and on our walks. It’s a window egg hunt!
It’s time to bring a little springtime joy to our kids and everyone in our neighborhoods.
The big annual egg hunts may be cancelled, and the Easter bunny might be stuck in its rabbit hole for now, but we’re planning the biggest-ever egg hunt right in your Champaign-Urbana area neighborhood (yes, that includes Savoy, Tolono, Mahomet, Rantoul, Fisher, St. Joseph, Monticello, Paxton, Tuscola and more :=).
Here’s where you come in – we need your help!
Families and businesses are invited to submit their addresses to the egg map (below). Then you can “hunt” for the eggs while you are driving (for necessary purposes, please!) or on your neighborhood walks. (Of course, please remember to follow social distancing guidelines and stay six feet away from non-family members.).
Now …. HOP TO IT, Champaign-Urbana and beyond! (NOTE: this is *not* a real egg hunt!)
Thank you to our friends at Prairie Gardens in Champaign for presenting this event. Did you know that Prairie Gardens re-opened its doors on March 30? It is working to ensure that all patrons are safe, and has many options where you can shop comfortably – even from the safety of your own home.
25+ Ways to Have a Happy Easter at Home | Streaming Easter Church Services in Champaign-Urbana | 50+ Things to Put in Easter Baskets Instead of Candy | Go Hunting for Eggs at Champaign County Forest Preserve District
How to Submit Your Home or Business to the Egg Hunt
- Decorate an egg (paper, ha) and hang it on your window, door, mailbox – whatever works for your family. Get as crazy or fancy as you want! We created some egg coloring pages for you to download and print; use those with your family, or feel free to make your own – get as creative as you would like.
- Click here to submit your address to be added to the map, or scroll down
- Share this information on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap to show that you are participating. Tag us – @chambanamoms and #chambanaplays. One lucky family will win a sweet treat!
How to Participate in the Champaign-Urbana Area Easter Egg Hunt (Social Distancing Edition)
- April 5-12, keep your eyes peeled for displayed eggs as you follow along on the map. Please follow all community and state laws regarding travel and transport. We’ll be looking for eggs in our neighborhood and immediate community during our walks.
- Share your favorite on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter – wherever you do social. Be sure to tag @chambanamoms #chambanaplays