The holiday season is full of great Christmas shows, concerts, and performances of all kinds
When you’re looking for a festive outing for your family this season, we give you all the options throughout Champaign-Urbana
If you are looking for Champaign-Urbana Christmas shows, concerts and holiday performances, you’re in luck. There are many Christmas performances around Champaign, Urbana, Monticello, and other locations this November and December. Champaign-Urbana Christmas holiday performances range from single performance shows to those that run through the whole season such as plays, musicals, concerts, and of course the ballet.
Thanks to the Virginia Theatre for presenting our Christmas performances compilation.
Mark your calendars for a great holiday season at The Virginia Theatre. Kick it off on Nov. 30 with The Second City show The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Sweater, full of enough merriment and music to keep you jolly all season long.
Bring the kids out to the Tons O’ Fun Band & Friends for their Christmas Show on Dec. 7. Start off the holiday season with good music, good times, and good cheer!
A Magical Cirque Christmas will take place at the Virginia Theatre on Dec. 11. Tickets start at $41.50 for this performance. Experience the magic of Christmas with dazzling performers and breathtaking cirque artists from all corners of the world, accompanied by your favorite holiday music performed live.
Finally, catch great holiday classic movies at The Virginia Theatre:
- Dec. 1 – How the Grinch Stole Christmas, part of the Holiday in Whoville event
- Dec. 13 – Love Actually
- Dec. 16 – Christmas in Connecticut
- Dec. 17 – Miracle on 34th Street
- Dec. 18 – White Christmas
- Dec. 19 – A Christmas Carol
- Dec. 20121 – It’s a Wonderful Life
The following list includes shows with tickets generally $15 or less (and some cases, free!) This listing includes family-friendly shows only.No Events
The following shows are higher cost ticket items. (For family friendliness, be sure to look at the info.)
- Little Theatre on the Square presents Elf. Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity. This modern day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Located in Sullivan, about an hour away from Champaign-Urbana. Playing Dec. 13-22, tickets $37.50.
- The Champaign Urbana Ballet and Champaign-Urbana Symphony Orchestra present an annual tradition, The Nutcracker, at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts December 5-8. E.T.A. Hoffman’s fanciful tale of royal rats, a princely Nutcracker, and plenty of sugar-coated fun is brought to life with glittering costumes, magical settings, and Tchaikovsky’s beloved score. Recommended for ages 5 and up. Tickets are $48 for adults and $21 for children 12 and under.
- The Champaign-Urbana Symphony Orchestra presents Joys of the Season at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts on December 12. CUSO performs a concert of seasonal favorites to delight the whole family. The radiant singers of the Central Illinois Youth Chorus will perform marvelous arrangements especially conceived by Gary Fry for children’s chorus and orchestra. The bright menorah of Hanukkah will be celebrated in Paul Carey’s Unending Flame. A visit from Santa is sure to happen, along with many smiles and a few surprises. Tickets are $40 for adults and $10 for youth.
Want more info on Champaign-Urbana holiday fun for your family? Sign up for our Ho Ho Holidays email newsletter, and you’ll get 24 days of holiday info in your inbox, starting Dec. 1.