Celebrate National Coffee Day with Eight Great Places for Coffee in Champaign-Urbana
From a solo cup of joe to a cuppa with friends: Where Champaign-Urbana goes for great coffee.
In honor of National Coffee Day, falling this year on September 29, we list our favorite places for coffee.
We love made-up food holidays. We love coffee even more!
This list is pretty wide-ranging. It includes our favorite places to get coffee – the old fashioned kind, or specialty drinks – and not just at your traditional coffee shops. Come to think of it, we could do a whole list of just those; there are enough of them around here. We’re pretty lucky to have some great cups of joe around. Without further ado, and in no particular order:
- Caffe Paradiso, Urbana. I have to include this Urbana staple, as after all, it is where chambanamoms.com was created. Well, messy birth stories aside, we love the coffee at CP. They serve Intelligentsia which is a great bean. And don’t miss the barista art if you get an espresso drink.
- The Original House of Pancakes, Champaign. It must be a ritual to leave this place shaking after the bottomless cup of coffee you get here. They just keep pouring away, and the coffee is delicious. Sometimes it’s OK to switch to decaf, I remind myself.
- Aroma Cafe, downtown Champaign. The mug is part of the experience and that’s certainly the case at Aroma. Its comforting drinking a delicious coffee out of a colorful, round, heavy mug. Aroma offers that and more.
- Biggby Coffee, Champaign. We love our friends at Biggby’s, who serve up a solid cup of (very good) joe, as well as flavored drinks. With a welcoming staff and well as a family-friendly space, this coffee shop is a go-to for a delish cup of coffee. It’s also locally owned and Veteran owned…which is a win-win in our book!
- Courier Cafe, Urbana. When you need to nurse a deep cup of coffee over conversation with a friend, this is a great place to do it. This classic Urbana joint is known for its flavored coffee, if that’s your thing. And match your coffee with a sundae – perfection. Where’s my big puffy sweater now?
- Bossa Nova, downtown Champaign: Bossa Nova is the perfect spot to grab a cup of coffee when you want that #chambanawithoutkids date night to linger. When you have your kids, they have amazing hot chocolate as well as excellent coffee, including house made whip cream.
- Clever Moose Market Cafe, Champaign: Our friends at Clever Moose inside Lodgic Everyday Community serve up delicious coffee drinks. The staff is friendly, the service is fast, the coffee is good, and the space is perfect to grab a cup to go or to settle in for a meeting.
- Sweet Indulgence,Champaign: This bakery and Espresso bar serves up the ultimate sweet and savoy combo: Coffee and a bakery treat! But since this is all about the coffee, the Columbia Street Roastery Coffee featured in the Espresso Bar at Sweet Indulgence is the perfect way to start your morning, or cap off your afternoon. I always grab a cup to go whenever I pick up dessert.
#ChambanaWithoutKids: The Top 10 Grown Up Things to Do in Champaign-Urbana in September | Readers Recommend: The BEST Hot Chocolate in Champaign-Urbana | Readers Recommend: The Best Iced Tea in Champaign-Urbana | Readers Recommend: Bakeries and Sweets in Champaign-Urbana | 75 Champaign-Urbana Date Night Ideas