Five Things to Do on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana
The gifts have all been opened, the food has been eaten, and you hear “I’M BORED.” You think: Wait, didn’t everyone just get new toys? Well, that may be so … but if they’ve been cooped up in the house, they may just need to stretch their legs and get a change of scenery. Heck, I know I do.
We put this list together of places and things to do, see, and go on Christmas Day in Champaign-Urbana and beyond, just for you:
- Take them to eat. If you’ve eaten your last bite of ham or turkey and/or would like someone else to do the dishes, check out our list of places to eat in Champaign-Urbana on Christmas.
- Go to the movies, but plan ahead: be sure to buy tickets early. Movies tend to sell out on Christmas, especially the ones that are blockbusters (hint hint). Both AMC and Savoy 16 are open; Savoy 16 showings start after 3 p.m., while AMC Champaign 13 starts as early as 1:30 p.m.
- Take a drive to look at Christmas lights. This is one of our favorite things to do. Some places, like Candlestick Lane, you can park the car and walk the route (carefully, of course, as many cars will be around and there aren’t sidewalks). Our Amazing Christmas Lights around Champaign-Urbana list is a great place to start planning your journey.
- Go bowling: Arrowhead Lanes in Champaign will be open from noon to midnight on Christmas Day (and Christmas Eve, too). Regular fees apply.
- Take a Christmas hike or walk. A couple of our favorite places to stroll: Busey Woods and Meadowbrook Park. Here is a list of Champaign-Urbana area trails, check out a new one and create a new tradition. Or go to campus and walk around the Quad, there’s so much to see there.
- What did we miss?
Jump Directly to Champaign-Urbana Holiday Info:
50 Things to Do Over Winter Break | Where to Eat on Christmas | Where to See Santa | Gigantic Holiday Guide | Christmas Parades | Amazing Holiday Lights