It’s no secret that Champaign-Urbana and beyond has a ton to do for your kiddos. But what are the definitive things your child should do before they are officially a teen? We’ve brainstormed, asked our readers for their input, and finally narrowed down these 13 things as the “must do” events in CU with your kids before they are 13.
1) Take a hike at Allerton Park
2) Cheer on the Illini at the University of Illinois sporting event
3) Ride the ferris wheel at the Champaign County Fair
4) Take in a show at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
5) Catch a movie at Harvest Moon Drive-In
6) Make something at the Orpheum Children’s Science Museum Building Fair
7) Pet the animals at the Champaign Park District’s Prairie Farm
8) Explore nature at the Homer Lake Natural Playscape
9) Grad some candy at the Arcola Broom Corn Festival parade
10) Grab some fresh produce at Urbana’s Market on the Square
11) Take a photo with the Alma Mater on the Quad (bonus points if you take a picture once a year to see how your kids have grown!)
13) Open your world at Engineering Open House
Are we missing something in our Top 13? Let us know in the comments!